1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Multi So, what are you playing now?

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Kronos, 29 Apr 2014.

1. kenco_uk

kenco_uk I unsuccessfully then tried again

Horizon Forbidden West. Dropping a shuttle launch onto some snakes was fun.

2. Byron C

Byron C Multimodder

Still playing Subnautica, but think I'm hitting a bit of a wall. I kinda have a rough idea of where I need to go next, but I've been running around gathering a bunch of tech that I've previously missed out on and it's a constant battle to keep both advanced and basic resources coming in.

I managed to take out two reaper leviathans earlier, so I must be doing something right. Sadly one of them totally smooshed my upgraded Seamoth, and by the time I'd dealt with it I couldn't find any fragments... I'm gonna miss Bubble Boi, it had been with me for a good chunk of time... I do have a Cyclops now (Big Boi), but it's lacking a lot of upgrades so it's actually kinda fragile. I also have a prawn suit (Mech Boi) but it doesn't have upgraded jets or the grappling arm, so I can't take it anywhere like the Jellyshroom Caves. Which is a PITA because I built my Base right next to a Jellyshroom Cave entrance, and those snakey-boi things down there really aren't a threat any more.

3. adidan

adidan Guesswork is still work

Ok so I finished a NG+ on HZD and while awaiting HFW to arrive thought I'd give ultra hard a go to get the full trophies done.

It was the only one so why not, I'd just run through the main story and get it.

Wrong.

I just can't help doing the side missions and tormenting myself with frozen wilds on ultra hard :lol:

So, yes, still playing HZD....

4. Scroome

Scroome Modder

After the latest patch, I am playing Callisto Protocol.

The stuttering is only there a little (for me) until there's a hologram and then dear god does it have a fit.

It's OK. I am enjoying it, but it's not in the same vein as Dead Space was, and I think it's due to the feeling of horror just not being there......as well as the terrible melee mechanics

5. adidan

I've just started FW and I see what you mean.

Loved HZD even though it took a while for me to get into it, hopefully the same happens again.

I just don't get why they have to drastically change gameplay, it was more than fine, why mess with it!!!!

6. dead beat

dead beat Rippin six 4 life

I'm quite enjoying Astral Chain on the Switch atm. I rarely playing hand held mode but the game looks fantastic on my OLED TV.

7. ModSquid

ModSquid Multimodder

Just rage quit the strider battle at the end of HL2: Ep 2. Was quite enjoying it up until this point (apart from ferrying that blasted gnome about just to get an achievement, but that's on me). Combat was testing yet fun (possibly excepting the hit-it-three-times-because-it's-a-boss-of-sorts chopper halfway through), but now it's fallen into the repetitive annoyance boss trope.
    Only with thirteen of them.
    Much prefer thinking combat, like the auto-turret in the junkyard maze.

SuperHans123 likes this.
  8. kenco_uk

I found it was getting those.. umm.. what were they, barrels that you had to shoot? to stick to the striders was a bit of a pain.

Still buried deep in Forbidden West. The three items have been brought back to base and I'm on the path to nab an access code and discover a new area.

9. Byron C

Byron C Multimodder

Just picked up the Below Zero DLC for Subnautica. More of the same? Yes please!

There was a huge update released for Subnautica recently, which fixes a ton of bugs and brings over some improvements and a few new items from Below Zero. Might have to play through it again to see what's changed.

10. adidan

Thankfully Horizon Forbidden West is growing on me.

Particularly since I learned you could disable the picking up animation so you don't spend half your time stop/starting.

11. Hex

Hex Paul?! Super Moderator

Vampire Survivors. It's on GamePass (also free on mobile and honestly it's only about £4 everywhere else anyway) and I have become thoroughly addicted. Then DLC came out and I've been playing that too, though it's harder and I'm really bad :hehe: Definitely taps into the "just one more run" happy juices!

Byron C likes this.
  12. Byron C

Byron C Multimodder

This game is great on Steam Deck.

Hex likes this.
  13. Byron C

Byron C Multimodder

God of War: Dad of Boy on Steam/Steam Deck.

The default settings on Steam Deck make it run really well, but look pretty cack. It's got FSR cranked all the way, and while that means it runs at 60FPS it looks pretty awful. I've got it running around 35-40FPS (with the 40Hz refresh rate lock) just by turning off FSR and dialling back the render scaling a little. Doesn't make a huge difference if I use built-in render scaling or AMD FSR on quality settings. No doubt I could get it higher, but it plays pretty well at those settings.

Of course on my proper PC I can crank everything to ultra and it runs around 90-110FPS. If I could be arsed to haul the hefty beast downstairs it'd probably look damn good in 4K HDR on a 65" TV. Nice to have native DualSense button prompts for once, but it doesn't seem to support haptics or adaptive triggers even when wired. Adaptive triggers can be added back in with a mod by the looks of it, but haptics doesn't look like it's gonna happen.

14. Gunsmith

Gunsmith Maximum Win

Disco Elysium

lovely game to play on the deck while chilling on the couch.

15. Pete J

Pete J Employed scum

Fallout 4 (still)

Picked this up again after finishing Mass Effect Legendary Edition.

Meh. Running around doing the same sh!te over and over, though I did complete The Mechanist DLC. Currently trying to fire an artillery piece I built at The Castle, but I can't assign a person to it so it can fire, and even though I planted crops (because the game says the settlement has zero food), it still says the settlement has zero food, so no extra bodies are being recruited.

Ah, bugger it all. At the end of the day, I might just go and complete the damn main quest. I'm pretty lethal between my Mechanist armour, 'Tin Opener' two handed melee weapon, sniper rifle, and laser rifle for when shizzle really gets bad. Wish I'd installed the automated settlements mod now.

16. kenco_uk

Finishing up on the last bits of HFW. Umming whether to go Ultra Hard on NG+ and aim for the possibility of a Platinum. The armour and weapons are there, I just need the talent.

adidan likes this.
  17. adidan

I've got so side tracked on HFW, am loving it now.

Started on Hard and am level 50 and haven't even got the final subordinate function yet. Oops.

Will Platinum the NG+ like HZD if I ever stop getting distracted :lol:

18. Gunsmith

Gunsmith Maximum Win

Vampire Survivors

Competetive Genocide: The Game.

Byron C likes this.
  19. Goatee

Goatee Multimodder

Waiting for the next Uber patch for roguetech to drop so playing some civ 6.

20. hughwi

hughwi Minimodder

What does HFW stand for? - Is it Horizon Forbidden West? - https://www.playstation.com/en-us/games/horizon-forbidden-west/