1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

TV Shows What are you currently watching?

Discussion in 'General' started by Zinfandel, 13 Jun 2012.

1. David

David μoʍ ɼouმ qᴉq λon ƨbԍuq ϝʁλᴉuმ ϝo ʁԍɑq ϝμᴉƨ

Just started the second season of Star Trek: Pensioner

I've sulked long enough about the very mediocre first season, so I thought I'd give it a chance.

IanW and Arboreal like this.
  2. Gunsmith

Gunsmith Maximum Win

after season 1 I avoided season 2 like the plague however a lot of people have been telling me season 3 is actually good and almost harks back to the good ol Burman days, after episode 1 lastnight I was quite impressed

3. KayinBlack

KayinBlack Unrepentant Savage

The Legend of Vox Machina. Funny as hell and extremely entertaining. Reminds me of 3.5 games in college.

4. IanW

IanW Grumpy Old Git

I think that's because it's from D&D channel "Critical Role" on Youtube.

5. goldstar0011

goldstar0011 Multimodder

Reliable friends said to watch Yellowstone despite me not really liking horses, cows, cowboys and most of that stuff.......

ok ok, you got my hooked, no idea why, just love the cast and the outrageous stories!

6. mrlongbeard

mrlongbeard Multimodder

Just finished series 2, it's nothing special, an updated violent Dallas on horseback, but still worth watching

7. sandys

sandys Multimodder

Yup, we've been enjoying that, though we watched the 1883 spin off first and that seemed better as in the story, it is even more cowboys though, so might not be for you.

Bares no real connection to yellowstone bar a character called Dutton, it is standalone, worth a watch.

Last edited: 17 Feb 2023
    goldstar0011 likes this.
  8. mrlongbeard

mrlongbeard Multimodder

Picard S3.
    Someone played too much Portal / 10

9. David

Well, I've binged about 75% of it... and it's hard work. It's really big on aping The Voyage Home, be it for fan service or lack of ideas; either way, it's kinda jarring.

10. Mr_Mistoffelees

Mr_Mistoffelees The Bit-Tech Cat. New Improved Version.

Why bother watching something, if “it’s hard work”? I don’t understand.

11. Gareth Halfacree

Gareth Halfacree WIIGII! Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

If hard work couldn't also be enjoyable, nobody would read Dostoevsky... or climb mountains.

12. Mr_Mistoffelees

Fair enough but, when you climb a mountain you get a sense of achievement and, if the weather's good, a great view. Watching something on the telly, that is hard work, just seems pointless. As for reading Dostoevsky, how many people read his works, unless required to do so as students? Many years ago I rode a 12 hour time trial, that was hard work and I was thoroughly buggered (tired, not the other form of buggery) in the last hour but, felt damn good about getting through it.

13. Gareth Halfacree

Gareth Halfacree WIIGII! Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

Maybe you would; I'd probably get altitude sickness and die.

I should really start exercising...

Mr_Mistoffelees likes this.
  14. David

Time invested? I typically give a show six or seven episodes to grab me before I sack it off, and this is only ten episodes total. There's little hope of it finally turning things around but I can, at least, be thorough in my criticism. Having seen all but the final episode now, I'm purely going through the motions. It's ****ing dire.

adidan likes this.
  15. Mr_Mistoffelees

You've got far more patience with TV series than I have and, TV is quite low priority for both myself and the wife.

16. adidan

adidan Guesswork is still work

I'm similar and by the time I've got far enough in I'd rather stubbornly carry on watching otherwise the time I've already spent has been pointless.

17. keef247

keef247 Modder

TLOU, BMF, Wu-Tang Saga, Dahmer (again), Bobba Fett, Fraiser, Power book 1-4, and binging any LGR videos when trying to sleep.

18. adidan

adidan Guesswork is still work

Still working through this, thought I'd seen Discovery's Burnham somewhere but it's only now I realise she's Sasha.

I'd forgotten some of the early seasons, worth a rewatch.

19. lilgoth89

lilgoth89 Captin Calliope

Season 2 does have its good moments, some of them are Incredible right up there with the best moments in Trek, but its a REAL SLOG of random and unnecessary bollocks to get to them it really hurts.

Shin Godzilla 8/10
    a very good if a little hard to follow movie that really takes Godzilla back to the horror monster he started out as
    the Atomic breath scene is easily the stand out moment in the movie, and worth watching on its own

the dialogue is a little cheesy as are the motions of the big G himeself, but its a Japanese Godzilla movie what do you expect

20. IanW

IanW Grumpy Old Git

Godzilla 2000: Millenium showed us that the Japanese are perfectly capable of doing CGI Kaiju, they just prefer to have the big G be a man in a rubber suit.