1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

PlayStation 5 PSVR2 - Anyone else taking the plunge?

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Shirty, 21 Feb 2023.

1. Shirty

Shirty W*nker! Super Moderator

So I moved away from PC gaming a while back when I got a PS5. I've never actually used a proper VR headset before apart from that Samsung thing from a few years back where you strapped your phone to it.

I've taken the punt on a PSVR2 headset with the Horizon game, that Kayak sim, R.E. Village and No Man's Sky, as well as already owning GT7. I reckon that should be good to start things off!

I know Tad has also gone for one, any other PS5 fans going for it? Reviews seem generally very positive, and it's still significantly cheaper than getting into PCVR. It also looks like Alyx will be coming to the platform too.

Mine is still awaiting shipping, having pre-ordered back in early December, can't wait!

2. Parge

Parge the worst Super Moderator

I've played a lot of VR over the last 5 years or so - and I've come to the conclusion that I can't really be bothered to put something on my face for gaming.

Don't get me wrong, its incredibly immersive, and I've had some of the best gaming moments, but I just don't like wearing a massive mask.

David, wyx087 and goldstar0011 like this.
  3. David

David μoʍ ɼouმ qᴉq λon ƨbԍuq ϝʁλᴉuმ ϝo ʁԍɑq ϝμᴉƨ

I admit that I am a wee bit anti-VR, but this has always been a sticking point for me. I think I probably expect too much, too soon, but I feel anything that requires you to strap a lump of tech to your forehead is doing it wrong.

4. IanW

IanW Grumpy Old Git

Not a console fan, but I'm waiting for HTC to send me their new "Vive XR Elite" headset

5. Shirty

Shirty W*nker! Super Moderator

Mine arrived at lunchtime. First impressions:
    • It's quite comfortable and light
    • It's somehow not as sharp an image as I expected, even after full calibration and adjustment
    • It definitely gives GT7 a new dimension
    • Horizon: Call of the Mountain gave me full blown nausea, but is beautiful
    • We had the heating on, and I was wearing jeans and a hoodie - I sweated so much playing Horizon and Kayak Sim that the headset got properly wet and I had a wet neck. Mixture of fear, vertigo and just being genuinely too hot
    Not convinced I'll hang on to it long term yet, but I'll certainly see how I acclimatise to it for a few months.

Byron C, IanW, kenco_uk and 2 others like this.
  6. keef247

keef247 Modder

Ozzie Osbourne in the new advert highly amused me, more for the fact we all know it wasn't even turned on and he's just tripping balls as usual and probably sees stuff like Horizon without even needing the headset :D

It def sounds like you weren't using it for gaming mate ;) danger w**k with family in the house? hahaha