1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other Any 'vapers' out there?

Discussion in 'General' started by Sentinel-R1, 13 May 2013.

1. mrlongbeard

mrlongbeard Multimodder

So a whole year later I got down to 1mg and have been there for the past 6 months.
    At this consumption rate I've enough 72mg to last another 6 months give or take, will have to decide what to do then.

MLyons likes this.
  2. Valo

Valo Minimodder

what's a good beginner DTL nic salt kit? I managed to not like cigarettes anymore, been vaping elf bar pods (the only flavour I like is menthol) but I dislike how hard it is to get the pods and the fact that I end up with small mountains of plastic...

Last edited: 29 Nov 2022
  3. Byron C

Byron C Multimodder

About a year ago I caved and started buying cigarettes when I was out drinking. Up until the last couple of months or so, that was it: I'd smoke when I was out drinking, and maybe the odd one or two on a Friday evening after a few beers. My OH smokes, so tobacco is always about the house. Recently however, with all this stuff I've been working through, I've been smoking more. A lot more. To the point where I'm almost back to where I was before I packed it in over a decade ago.

It is going to be hard to pack it in again, so today I paid my friendly local vape shop (which has now been open for an impressive number of years) and bought a whole new setup (details here). The tobacco is far cheaper than the outlay I've just spent, but this is going to be far less harmful than smoking tobacco.

I've just primed the first coil, took a big old hit of Heisenberg, and... whoa... holy crap... Yeah, I've actually missed this a lot!

Still not gonna use it inside though because this:

Everything I'm on now is high VG, and I don't want to go back to having a greasy condensed film on stuff.

4. sonicgroove

sonicgroove Radical Atheist

If it's the elfa pods...they are refillable...just pop the bottom off, carefully remove the plastic bung with a sharp object (the coil is connected to it) and put liquid on the sponge....reverse the process and bingo...good to go again...the coil is good for about 5 refills.theres a vid on yt going into detail about it.

Byron C likes this.
  5. Shirty

Shirty W*nker! Super Moderator

Out of interest, what to you folks spend on vaping a month on average. How much e-liquid do you get through for that spend?

I spend around £10 on coils and £30 on juice ingredients to get through about 750ml, which I think is decent value as it's quite a high volume. I'd be interested to see how that compares.

6. Vault-Tec

Vault-Tec Green Plastic Watering Can

Good question. Same on coils exactly. Liquid? it varies. Most months I buy Rodeo Ultra. Got passion fruit and a mint one atm. Those run between £5 each and £7.50. I go through one a week. Ed. 100ml like.

7. mrlongbeard

mrlongbeard Multimodder

Roughly £20 a month on coils, WFH and being able to puff away 24/7 means I burn through them.
    £30 on premium liquid which is 250mL's worth
    The rest I make myself from concentrates, base and nicotine, get through approx. 240 - 300mL's worth, I've never sat and done the maths but it'd be pennies a day.

8. Andersen

Andersen I'm fine. I'M FINE! *banshee howl*

Can't say for certain. I rely on rebuildables (holy hell stock coils are expensive), DIY jooze and always keep an eye open for bargain liquids. Cautious guesstimate is 5-10 quid a month at worst

Hardware well that's the big spend for me :grin:

Wink wink, nudge nudge: Time2Vape and Vape And Go are selling nic salts for cheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeap. Latest order from T2V was bit under £31 but contained 21x 20mg nic salts, two 50mL shortfills and nic shots for both. 21 bottles of nic salts because that pushed the total over to free shipping :hehe:

[​IMG]

9. Vault-Tec

Wow people actually use those shots?

I buy a 250ml bottle of 72mg, and use 4ml per 100. Costs bugger all and lasts me a whole year.

mrlongbeard likes this.
  10. Andersen

Andersen I'm fine. I'M FINE! *banshee howl*

You mean red rush? Its a ready to vape liquid, twistr whatevers are nic shots. Included in the price so might as well use those

For DIY I have 1.2-1.3 litres of 100mg in the freezer :grin:

11. mrlongbeard

mrlongbeard Multimodder

Same'ish' 2ml of 72mg per 120ml of base for me, as I said, pennies a day

12. keef247

keef247 Modder

about 10ml a day these days as I got rid of my beast spec setups as it was getting to 40-50ml a day ridiculously rinsing it lol.
    £12 a month for 5 coils, and I make my own stuff iirc about £46 to make a litre from darkstar.

13. Byron C

Byron C Multimodder

I'm on about 300ml a month, I think. I don't mix my own though, so I pay quite a lot - about £60-£70 a month.

14. mrlongbeard

mrlongbeard Multimodder

I'd happily pay £100+ a month (well not really) as I'd be bleeding £765 a month if I still smoked..........

Vault-Tec likes this.
  15. Vault-Tec

Only thing that does piss me off (and it is a minor gripe) is that the mods seem to break a lot. And they aren't cheap. My last one was a dual 21700 and it cost me about £60. It died a few weeks ago with a strange fault where it was only using one battery. The meter was going down unevenly and when one died it stopped working. Which defeated the whole reason I bought it, and that was to last a whole day. I went looking for another one, but they are now about £70-£80. It was cheaper for me to get a Smok R kiss dual 18650 with a "free" tank and four new 18650. My 21700s were almost at the point of needing replacing any way.

But aye. The mods seem to be poorly made and don't last too long, and when you look closely you find out they only have a 6 month warranty.

16. mrlongbeard

mrlongbeard Multimodder

Thankfully I've never had a mod break on me, although I'm paranoid enough to always have a spare it's sat in my bag for years unused.
    My last Smok Rigel had developed a flaky charging port after 2.5 years but still works, for 30 quid I ain't going to complain.

My only gripe, again minor, is that mods come with poxy 2ml EU tanks rather than full fat 5ml+ ones.

17. Vault-Tec

Yeah that used to annoy me. I used to buy the bubble glasses for them, but a while back I switched to a smaller tank and coils like Keef. Not because I cared about how much liquid I used, but because the bigger ones tend to pee all over your hands. Which I found so annoying. The smaller one is nowhere near as bad, and still gives out a nice hit (being mesh) and the coils are 5 for a tenner instead of just 3.

For some reason though I seem to go through mods like poo through a goose. I'm lucky to get a year out of one. That said they do live a hard life I suppose.

18. Vault-Tec

And yeah there is that. My ex and I would go through a pack of super king each (so about £10 10 years back) and most of a pack of baccy at about £4. Man I never felt so rich when I switched to vaping. It was actually nuts. I'd still have nothing now if I still smoked the cigs.

19. saspro

saspro IT monkey

Get a squonk. 10ml tanks :D

20. SuperHans123

SuperHans123 Multimodder

Prefer air