1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Photos Latest Purchases Thread: v2.0

Discussion in 'General' started by RTT, 29 Oct 2007.

1. Gareth Halfacree

Gareth Halfacree WIIGII! Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

Thankfully avoided the "physically" part by paying someone else to do it! Hard graft - one dude did the whole lot by hand, aside from a concrete saw to slice the stones up. I couldn't have done it for twice what he's charged, even given ten times as long.

IanW and adidan like this.
  2. MLyons

MLyons 70% Dev, 30% Doge. DevDoge. Software Dev @ Corsair Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

Just waiting for a proper quote on my one. It decides the progress on the rest of the house.

b1g-d0g, adidan, Byron C and 2 others like this.
  3. adidan

adidan Guesswork is still work

:thumb:

I'm not sure at what age it hit me that, yes, I could do x myself but the question is why.

Age does bring a certain amount of wisdom I guess :happy:

4. Almightyrastus

Almightyrastus On the jazz.

H&S rule number one of avoiding injury through manual handling - get someone else to do it.

Mr_Mistoffelees, Byron C and adidan like this.
  5. Fingers66

Fingers66 Kiwi in London

What, no covered walkway to protect from the elements during your commute?

6. Auxilliary

Auxilliary Crashes into space stations

32GB of Corsair Vengeance PRO 3600MHz as my old set (6/7 years now) is spitting out errors constantly even at stock speeds now, going from a 4x8 set to a 2x16 and because im a sucker for the RGB, 2 of the matching dummy sticks to populate all 4 slots with the shiny

b1g-d0g likes this.
  7. Gareth Halfacree

Gareth Halfacree WIIGII! Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

With the weather we've been having here of late, I'm sorely tempted!

8. adidan

adidan Guesswork is still work

Remember to list your travel expenses in your tax returns.

I reckon you'll need new walking boots at least once a month and at least a hearty breakfast to fuel your journey every day. That all adds up.

9. mrlongbeard

mrlongbeard Multimodder

I don't write well enough or often enough to justify a 'nice' pen, but fancy something a little 'classier' than the humble Bic, so;

[​IMG]

IanW, Spanky, The_Crapman and 3 others like this.
  10. fix-the-spade

fix-the-spade Multimodder

Metal biro, just in case an assassin swings in through the window and you have to go full Jason Bourne.

Pete J and IanW like this.
  11. wolfticket

wolfticket Downwind from the bloodhounds

IanW, b1g-d0g and mrlongbeard like this.
  12. The_Crapman

The_Crapman World's worst stuntman. Lover of bit-tech

I very much paid for this. :sigh: Our back garden is currently chock full of old kitchen and new kitchen scraps. Very much going to pay someone else to be shifting it.

adidan likes this.
  13. David

David μoʍ ɼouმ qᴉq λon ƨbԍuq ϝʁλᴉuმ ϝo ʁԍɑq ϝμᴉƨ

Bloody society elites with their personal highways... :grr:

Mr_Mistoffelees and adidan like this.
  14. Mr_Mistoffelees

Mr_Mistoffelees The Bit-Tech Cat. New Improved Version.

You’re mad if you believe that!

I’m 58 BTW.

adidan likes this.
  15. ElThomsono

ElThomsono Multimodder

[​IMG]

I've been after one of these for years but no-one was making them. Even six months after the war you couldn't find them, now there are a few good quality ones to choose from.

16. kenco_uk

kenco_uk I unsuccessfully then tried again

I sold my Nikon gear and went for a Fujifilm X-T3 with an 18-55 lens. It's rather delicious and just having a look at it after work this evening, there are so many more settings available it's bordering hilarious. The manual is a concise 300-odd page tome. The main thing that struck me immediately is the rapid and darn near silent focus. And, well, it just looks really rather gorgeous for a camera, an object d'art in itself.

samkiller42, IanW, adidan and 2 others like this.
  17. perplekks45

perplekks45 LIKE AN ANIMAL!

There will be Blood & Gangs of New York, both on Blu-ray.

I can already hear a friend of mine going "... But it's on [random streaming service]! Why did you buy the physical copy?"... Well, because I paid less than a month's subscription to [random streaming service] and I can watch it whenever I want and I don't have to worry that the movie I want was taken out of [random streaming service] at some point in the past and now I need to subscribe to [other random streaming service] just to watch that movie.

/rant

18. Arboreal

Arboreal Keeper of the Electric Currants

Nice buy @kenco_uk
    The Fuji 18-55 is a very good lens for the money. It's generally reckoned to be head and shoulders above almost all other kit lenses.
    I bought one with a used X-T1 to check out the mirrorless world, having been with Nikon for decades. I haven't used it enough yet to decide whether to get rid of my Nikon DSLR

Last edited: 18 Mar 2023
    kenco_uk likes this.
  19. samkiller42

samkiller42 For i AM Cheesecake!!

Welcome to the Fuji world. My X-H1 uses the same sensor and processor as the X-T3, but a 'phatter' body. I love my H1, and it, and the 18-55 both survived Iceland.

Now is a really good time to check out Fuji X-Mount, as they've opened it up to 3rd party manufactures, Sigma, Tamron and Viltrox are churning out some really nice glass.

Anyway, Enjoy.
    Sam

kenco_uk and Arboreal like this.
  20. Arboreal

Arboreal Keeper of the Electric Currants

Sam, the X-H1 looks to be a really good body despite its 'age'. It would be my next choice of body if I get back into it more.
    Having been a photographer for 35+ years, part of me is saddened that a digital camera body is a commodity that 'needs' to replaced/upgraded when something newer & better comes along.
    I have long thought of a digital camera as a PC that takes photos, and is trapped in that river of progress / obsolescence.
    With film cameras, you could upgrade to add more features or make it handle better, but essentially your ability and the lenses were what defined the quality of the image.
    Now, the situation is more complex with higher resolution sensors and more tech crammed in.
    Keep the photos coming, they are always good to see

samkiller42 likes this.