1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Multi So, what are you playing now?

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Kronos, 29 Apr 2014.

1. ModSquid

ModSquid Multimodder

Excellent choice! We'd never need to change the theme!

keef247 likes this.
  2. keef247

keef247 Modder

[​IMG]

ModSquid likes this.
  3. Hex

Hex Paul?! Super Moderator

I guess I kind of have an answer on this now!

[UPDATE]They actually did fix it on Xbox! :clap: I was so excited I visited the store to find that the bl**dy gun that's been killing me over and over (Rime Uzi Pro) is part of a free pack that I could've grabbed at any time if I wasn't on Xbox! Needless to say, I have it now and use it to kill other people. It made me feel a lot better.

Last edited: 11 May 2023
  4. Vault-Tec

Vault-Tec Green Plastic Watering Can

Dead Island 2. I waited up til gone midnight so I could install it, as it's chonky (over 70gb). God it's hilarious. I just danced with the bride, I still have tears in my eyes.

Arboreal likes this.
  5. kenco_uk

kenco_uk I unsuccessfully then tried again

Burning Shores. Fantastic so far.

6. Hex

Hex Paul?! Super Moderator

Astroneer! I used to play it with friends on PC, but as it's on GamePass now I'm using it to get my daily achievements for MS Reward Points. Great game, they've added a lot to it :happy:

7. Bloody_Pete

Bloody_Pete Technophile

Vault Hunters Minecraft modpack, its really fun and has totally got me back into minecraft!

8. Vault-Tec

Vault-Tec Green Plastic Watering Can

So I finally got a working key for TLOU, sheesh.

I originally bought it from Kinguin. It was £29. Turns out it was a Turkey key but I genuinely had no idea. Finally got a refund through Paypal when Kinguin tried offering that they would refund me when they resold the key. Not good enough. Any way, this was weeks back. I then went and bought it from CDKeys who I have never, ever had an issue with before. Same price. In fact no, it was £28 for a worldwide key. I guess the hammering it has taken helped with that. Go to redeem it and... "This key has already been redeemed". FFS. This was about 5 days back. So I sent them an email with screenshots, going through all of the numbered steps they show etc. Last night I still hadn't heard anything so I pinged them, they sent me a new key today and finally it works. What an ordeal ffs.

Ended up on DI2 for 12 hours yesterday. I have now lost approaching 6 stone. At nearly 21 stone there is no way I could game for more than a couple of hours. That said at 15 stone gaming for 12 hours hasn't done me any favours either lmao, but at least I am now more capable of long sessions. I love it. So much fun.

The game ran fine maxed out ultra @ 4k, all until night time happened. It then started to stutter bad. I initially dropped the res to 1440p, but yeah it was still struggling. I then realised (I swear it wasn't in there before !) that it has AMD FSR. So I put it back to 4k, set FSR to quality and it now flies. Even better I also turned on HDR for the first time ever. Basically I don't like using it on the desktops because it completely washes out the desktop. And I use that more than I play games on my PCs. However on the TV? yeah that doesn't matter. And HOLY SHEEP BALLS it is incredible.

I've been a proper gaming **** lately. Some really good games coming out right now.

9. keef247

keef247 Modder

Resi 3 remake again, then I'll do 2 remake again and 8 again haha. 4 Remake was so good I just want more! Lets pray we get a Code Veronica X remake next! But 5 and 6 can gtfo!

Last edited: 26 Apr 2023
  10. Weekly_Estimate

Weekly_Estimate Random bird noises.

[​IMG]

I've long yearned to experience the captivating world of Ghost of Tsushima, but the lack of a PlayStation kept it out of reach. Upon trying SEKIRO, I found the combat system didn't quite resonate with me. However, finally delving into Ghost of Tsushima has been an awe-inspiring journey, leaving me wondering why I didn't acquire a PlayStation sooner. The masterfully crafted story, fluid combat, and immersive cutscenes harmoniously blend together, while the vast open world offers the perfect balance of companion interaction and assistance. This game effortlessly draws me in, allowing me to lose myself for hours on end, providing a welcome escape from the mundanity of everyday life. 10/10

11. keef247

keef247 Modder

I found the plot wasn't that compelling but carried on for around 19 hours IIRC...

Beautiful looking game but then it turns into just a button masher rsi thumb breaker so stopped playing it, it seems to be fashionable these days to make OTT difficultly spikes in even normal difficulty levels, at that point it becomes silly and not fun as easy is either too easy or assisted and piss take embarrassingly shame you, Dark Souls seems to have made nonsense like this the trend.

I've done many games on harder difficulties but this felt like another let you down thumb smasher piss take when you're half way through, thus wasting nearly 20 hours of my life.

I was not amused.

Last edited: 27 Apr 2023
    SuperHans123 likes this.
  12. Byron C

Byron C Multimodder

Now that's a menu screen I haven't seen in a very long time...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Pete J, Vault-Tec and keef247 like this.
  13. keef247

keef247 Modder

"They were all dead. The final gunshot was an exclamation mark to everything that had led to this point. I released my finger from the trigger. And then it was over."

Pete J and Byron C like this.
  14. Pete J

Pete J Employed scum

Prey

Triggered by @SuperHans123 mentioning it in another thread. Second time through for me. I should be playing a game I've never played before in my backlog, but I just just want to play something I know won't disappoint me at the moment (suddenly lost all interest in Space Hulk Tactics as it's just more of the same}. Playing it on Nightmare, with all the survival options turned on. I remember it being a tough game in places, but this time I'm being a conniving b*stard by moving sentry turrets around, then using the pistol to gain the attention of enemies and leading them through a door into a wall of lead.

Fantastically detailed game, with some truly clever special effects - the Mimics are a truly interesting enemy. Also interesting to note the little allusions to the end of the plot throughout.

After this, onto the Mooncrash add-on...

SuperHans123 likes this.
  15. Finklert

Finklert What's a Dremel?

I come back to Warzone after 1 year:clap:

16. kenco_uk

kenco_uk I unsuccessfully then tried again

Kena Bridge of Spirits. It's quite beautiful with some clever game mechanics. I'm just up to the bit where I'm using a sticky bomb thing to create platforms for the first time in order to open a large door. It's fun but the spark of fulfilment is a bit hit and miss, there's not much of a sense of accomplishment so far. It is strangely captivating though.

17. ModSquid

ModSquid Multimodder

Hollow Knight
    It's a bit confusing, but not in an "I don't know what to do" way, more an "is this it?" way. Like Kenco's assessment of Kena above, I thought it would be more directed, but I'm probably missing something. It too, is strangely captivating, to borrow the phase. But I still can't really feel what sets it apart from anything else. Nice to look at though.
    I need to have a go on this. Both of you have been singing its praises and I need to sort some drive space out...
    ...but I also need you to spoiler this for me so that I can pick up on it as I go through. Life's too short for me to use my brain too much, I'll just miss the good bits.
    Humble had Chaos Gate in this month's offering but I watched a playthrough on YouTube of the first level and although I know you enjoyed it, I do still have two CoH to get through and the other Space Hulk game (not Tactics, the other one I can't remember but which is similar) so couldn't justify it. Even more so when I skipped to a late level video where the dude was taking on a Blight Engine of sorts and that dialogue, man....Jesus. They really need to overhaul the whole Ye Olde Pious Warrior stuff.

Pete J likes this.
  18. SuperHans123

SuperHans123 Multimodder

Prey is one of those games that I wish I could erase all memory of it and play again. It is magnificent. So much better than rolling around on the floor like a prick in games like Elden Ring.

keef247 and Pete J like this.
  19. ModSquid

ModSquid Multimodder

It seems I can play this from my external drive...how many weekends do I need to set aside?

20. SuperHans123

SuperHans123 Multimodder

If you like to explore and do all the side quests probably about 25 hours, maybe longer depending on play style

Last edited: 23 May 2023
    ModSquid likes this.