Followers 1

Share This Page

Cyprio

G5 Supermodder, from London, UK

Cyprio was last seen:
8 Dec 2013
    1. Darkened
      Darkened
      Hey Cyprio, just a heads-up that this project log should be just up your alley :hehe:

Also Merry Christmas is probably in order.

Darkened
    2. AnG3L
      AnG3L
      My friend do have any connection with Cyprus? Are you Cypriot? PM me man! :)
    3. Cyprio
      Cyprio
      Yeah i often had to cut the bolts with a dremel, holding them with a pair of pliers as they get very hot. I got my taps from the same shop actually but i didnt actually use them on the case frame - only for the front dvd door if i remember correctly - i used nuts on most.
    4. jyc327
      jyc327
      i guess i can just get some m3/4 5 or 6mm and cut them if need be. not I need to get the M3/4 taps which i'm not sure if it's that easy to get. did you find your set of taps pretty easily?

Jacky
    5. jyc327
      jyc327
      no no log yet, as i'm still sourcing some of the necessary hardware, such as the trays, alupanel, mesh and screws and standoffs for the mobo and such. I have plans for both the mac pro case and the G5.

the G5 will be an ATX setup, maybe watercooled or not. but the macpro case is going to be mATX, so that I may attempt to creat another "rack" for the drives, as i dont think 4 drives will be enough.

I'm selling my Lian Li A7110B case to come up with some of the $ to start the mod.

Jacky
    6. Cyprio
      Cyprio
      Which screws are you referring to Jacky? They were all M3 but the length would vary depending on what you are going to attach to the inside - for example to attach the lian li mobo tray i used really short ones and button head bolts. For the fans on the side i did use M3 although i am now going to be enlarging these to M4 as you will see in an update that i will hopefully get to do at the weekend.

Hmm, the latch is a tricky one if it has been cut out. i delibrately left that in as it was the only way i could figure out attaching the door.

Have you started a log?
    7. jyc327
      jyc327
      sorry to bug you again Cyprio.

i've found the countersunk socket screws, were yours M3? at what length were they? now i need to find a countersink bit to do the countersink on the case panels
    8. jyc327
      jyc327
      no i'm in canada. and i sure do hope they ship to me. now i have to figure out how i'm going to add the "lock latch" back onto my macpro case. the previous owner cut that out. and broke part of the latch on the inside.

oh man.
    9. Cyprio
      Cyprio
      Thanks Jacky. The bolts were all ordered from http://www.modelfixings.co.uk/
      Are you UK based? Not sure if they ship overseas but drop them an email and ask if you need to as they were very helpful.

Best of luck with the mod.

Cyp.
    10. jyc327
      jyc327
      Cyprio

first off great mod. in fact i saw urs and a few others i decided to purchase the cases. I actually got hold of a g5 case and a mac pro case. and also a partial g5 for parts i guess.

I was wondering where did u get the hex/flat head fasteners you used in your mod?

I plan to paint the inner cage in red and the outer in black. which means i will need to like hack apart the case first.

Jacky
    11. Ryan Cooper
      Ryan Cooper
      Good Luck on Mod Of the Year!

I definitely voted for you!
    12. Ryan Cooper
      Ryan Cooper
      Hey Cyp!
      With Christmas being thursday, I just wanted to wish you a merry Christmas.
  • About

Group Memberships

Cyprio does not belong to any groups.