1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

A/V 2 speakers working on 6.1 setup

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Sanchos, 9 Jul 2005.

1. Sanchos

Sanchos What's a Dremel?

Using 6.1 speakers and a Soundblaster Live! 24 Bit 7.1 soundcard, no matter what i do i cant get any of the speakers to work aside from the front right and left speakers.
    Everything seems to be plugged in correct slots, and ive reinstalled the drivers, but nothing has changed, the other speakers just release a electrical buzz noise.

I may have done something really stupid incorrectly, and i have tried the search function.
    Any help is appreciated.

Also when i unplug the speakers and put in my headset, for gaming the mic is constantly transmitting into the headphones, so i can hear myself breathing, this wasnt happening before and has only occurred since switching from onboard sound to my Soundblaster card.

Thanks

2. andyunder

andyunder What's a Dremel?

try changing settings in creative audiohq

3. Sanchos

Sanchos What's a Dremel?

Audiohq was not on the cd that came with the card. Ive been searching for it and got a pack from the creative website, and using some test programme now know that all the speakers are plugged in correctly and working.
    However i still cannot get them to function when playing films or music.

4. andyunder

andyunder What's a Dremel?

what software are you using to play films and music as it will be down to that program

5. dom_

dom_ --->

start -> control panel -> sound and audio devices -> advanced (the bottom one) -> change from stereo speakers to 6.1 setup

6. Sanchos

Sanchos What's a Dremel?

Ive tried this, there isnt actually a 6.1 option for me, but ive set it to both 7.1 and 6.1 and aside from front right and left the other speakers havent worked.