1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cooling A few nub questions :(

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by rewris, 13 Sep 2005.

1. rewris

rewris What's a Dremel?

I got a evercool WC-202 ultra with the cpu and gpu cooling blocks. I have an AMD 3400+, not overclocked. I am getting the same temp reading as I did with my Zalman fan cooler. which is about 46 - 49 celcius. The one with the huge cooper fan. I'm not hip on all the details of watercooling. So here are my questions.

how fast is the water supposed to pass circulate? cause I can see the little propeller in the hosing and it spins pretty slow.

Are the fans suppose to blow on the radiators or pull air off the radiators? Some how I think it would make more sense to blow the hot air away from the radiator.

is there some sort of special coolant I can use? Cause I expected better performance from the cooler :(

2. Da_Rude_Baboon

Da_Rude_Baboon What the?

Hi rewris.

I hate to say it but you have bought a poor performing kit. :waah: The temperatures your getting would probably be right cooling a CPU and GPU with that small a set up. I dont know what type of pump is in there so wouldnt know the correct flow rate. To a certain extent the more flow the better but it depends on the design of the waterblocks. Fans are best sucking air through the radiator as opposed to blowing air onto it. CHanging the coolant from water to something else will not change your temps enought to be worth any extra cost.

A watercooling kit of that type will probably be outperformed or be equall to good air cooling albeit with a lot less noise which is probably the aim of its design.

Also note that temperatures readings from the motherboard socket are inavairably inaccurate and so long as your computer is stable your temps are ok.

Tags: