1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Windows A price increase?! I am OUTRAGED! You should be too!

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by tareq, 23 Feb 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. chrisb2e9

chrisb2e9 Dont do that...

The psychonauts milkman level?

2. tareq

tareq What's a Dremel?

So, I don’t know what are you trying to come out as, a pathetic idiot or a bloody dumbass. If you have read any of the previous posts you will have noticed that I quoted the price in US dollars and that the original post is about the US retail prices. These prices were quoted from Amazon and Gamestop.

Last edited: 26 Feb 2010
  3. julianmartin

julianmartin resident cyborg.

lol, pervious. :naughty::naughty:

i don't really see how being pathetic or a dumbass comes into the equation here, that happy chappy simply made an observation, mr angry first post guy.

4. boiled_elephant

boiled_elephant Merom Celeron 4 lyfe

[​IMG]

It was nice meeting you though.

5. Veles

Veles DUR HUR

They are going up in price, MW2 came with an RRP of £60 on the 360.

Then there's the fact that it's far easier to recoup money on a console, consoles sell more copies of games, so they don't need to put the price up, they can almost guarantee a high volume of sales.

Now, Blizz/Act aren't putting the price up to trick console owners or any of this rubbish, they're putting the price up because they know that a $10 price increase isn't going to stop these two games selling like the sexiest hot cakes on the planet. People will give Blizzard their wives and children to play Diablo 3

6. Nikols

Nikols What's a Dremel?

While we're at it how come AvP is €50 on steam when it's €25 in the shops? No packaging surely = less expensive

7. Jipa

Jipa Avoiding the "I guess.." since 2004

You lost the game about four pages ago, but feel free to proceed with your fail-tastic rant.

And welcome to the forums, we're actually a very nice bunch of people, but you just really blew it with this thread ^^

8. Rogan

Rogan Not really a

Steam takes price cues from the publisher, not the market. If the publisher wants to sell it for the RRP then Steam sells it at RRP.

9. sotu1

sotu1 Ex-Modder

Surprised the Mods haven't jumped in yet...anyway Tareq, everyone here is expressing opinion. I understand you're very angry about the subject matter (and yeah, I don't like price hikes either but that's inflation for ya) but you're starting to get aggressive and from my experience, that's not the way things work around the bit-tech forums. Keep it chilled yeh?

10. Rogan

Rogan Not really a

I gave him a sweet clipart avatar. :confused:

Also, I too am OUTRAGED about stuff! I'm not quite sure exactly, but I totally am, well probably. Really I need to give some thought about exactly what I'm OUTRAGED about. I'm pretty sure I am though.

smc8788 likes this.
  11. Nikols

Nikols What's a Dremel?

Clears that up, cheers.. Steam at serious diadvantage tho, all pc games in Ireland (mw2 the exception) retail at €30-€35 euro

12. DragunovHUN

DragunovHUN Modder

They have to maintain a whole bunch of servers for you though. Indefinitely.

13. sotu1

sotu1 Ex-Modder

You can do that?! Wow!

14. Rogan

Rogan Not really a

He's not breaking any rules, and no one's reported him, but he was lacking a sweet clipart avatar so I stepped up to the plate.

Yeah it is nice to be able to update directly through Steam and never to have to mess about with disks, but it's not that nice. The best store deals are valve titles like L4D, because you can tie the serial to your account and never worry about them again.

15. Veles

Veles DUR HUR

Plus at the levels of production they have for most games, production of each physical copy costs mere pennies, the majority of the cash you're handing over for a game goes to the shops

16. knuck

knuck Hate your face

that one was awesome :D

17. wgy

wgy What's a Dremel?

LOL

18. b0ng0

b0ng0 Reddomitlum

I agree that's a very steep price for a game (especially a PC game - I can understand console games being priced higher which is why I don't own one).

However, most online shops rarely charge the full whack - Amazon, Gameplay, etc. For some reason though, Steam seems to charge the full price for a game. So for example whilst Bioshock 2 might be £24.99 on almost every online retailer, Steam are still charging a full £29.99 for it. It's a shame, but if you don't limit yourself to Steam I don't think this price increase will affect you so long as you shop around.

19. AshT

AshT Custom User Title

The Steam store actually has Bioshock 2 listed as £39.99, minus 25% to £29.99 ...

I never pay over £24.99 for a game on PC ... and never will!

Actually that is almost true but some friends talked me into getting Aion for £34.99.

20. Artanix

Artanix Minimodder

Man you must've regretted that ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.