1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News AMD boasts of Vega NCU improvement claims

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Dogbert666, 5 Jan 2017.

1. Dogbert666

Dogbert666 *Fewer Lover of bit-tech Administrator

2. Vault-Tec

Vault-Tec Green Plastic Watering Can

Star Wars at 4k 60 FPS is the best they can do yet. No other benchmarks, graphs or anything else only that supposedly it is better than Volta, a tech Nvidia have not released yet.

Why? why do AMD continually talk crap?

Because of the Volta thing I don't believe a sausage of what they say and will be waiting until these land in the hands of reviewers.

3. bowman

bowman Minimodder

More hype devoid of substance, and the card will arrive a full year after the 1080, giving Nvidia plenty of time not just to polish their 1080 Ti but work on their next architecture as well.

I fear this will be 'too little, too late', both for AMD, and for our hopes of competition in the GPU market.

4. Vault-Tec

Vault-Tec Green Plastic Watering Can

It's not hype it's facts, mate (yes, I am being incredibly sarcastic). Not only have they showed Star Wars at 4k 60 FPS they also showed how well it runs Doom at 4k.

[​IMG]

Bet they didn't think people would see that...

5. rollo

rollo Modder

if that doom screen is accurate I assume its nightmare, if it's ultra it's slower than the old fury x.

6. Corky42

Corky42 Where's walle?

Is anything known about what setting that was as this video shows Doom using Vulkan running at 4k@60fps.

It would be very odd if they released a new card / architecture that performs worse than existing cards, isn't the Fury X able to hit 60fps@4k with Doom?

7. Harlequin

Harlequin Modder

if that's minimum fps then its higher on nightmare than a gtx 1080

8. Corky42

Corky42 Where's walle?

Think i managed to track down where Vault-Tec got it from, i think this sums it up nicely.
    A "dip" is probably not much to worry about when talking about new card with what i assume are beta drivers, time will tell i guess.

9. Cr@1g

Cr@1g What's a Dremel?

And Nvidia bored us to death with Shield? I like how this is playing out a proper Game of poker this one. Nvidia didn't show their hand and I reckon AMD thought best not to either at this stage. My money is on AMD, their out for blood on this one and I reckon it's coming this time.

10. Anfield

Anfield Multimodder

They better bring the heat, cause getting to 60 FPS at 4K soon won't be enough any more,

Dell announced an 8K monitor and Asus a 144Hz 4K one...

11. rollo

rollo Modder

Been = to a 1080 6-9months later ( depending on launch) is only really good if it massively undercuts them. After brexit vote that is now very unlikely.

Anandtechs post suggest a April to June launch window which would put it nearly 1 year later

Tags: Add Tags