1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News Anonymous Facebook threat a bluff?

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by CardJoe, 10 Aug 2011.

1. CardJoe

CardJoe Freelance Journalist

2. MajorTom

MajorTom Minimodder

I'd be impressed.

3. thehippoz

thehippoz What's a Dremel?

if there was an alternative that was good.. I'd give it a try

google + tried it.. it's very basic right now.. like facebook messenger is something I use too, get all your profile posts to your phone

know google will have the same features though.. just everyone is on fb.. long as you don't post up personal information

4. DriftCarl

DriftCarl Minimodder

I am sure google have no problems with this video being hosted on youtube :D

5. Tangster

Tangster Butt-kicking for goodness!

I imagine if they try their normal dos attack, they'll fail miserably. I expect facebook has enough spare capacity to deal with that.
    That said I'm more worried by the hackers who threatened RIM employees if they continued to help the Met with the riots.

6. Bauul

Bauul Sir Bongaminge

Agree. Facebook has 500 million users who pummel the site with photos and videos all day long, I'm pretty sure they more than anyone could cope with a DDOS attack.

The RIM threat is more worrying, but again hopefully not credible. All the hackers did was access a Word Press site, a far cry from all the information they claim they have.

Plus, I'd be surprised if anyone would go and attack a RIM employee for this - the rioters looted for free stuff, not to make a point.

7. V3ctor

V3ctor Tech addict...

Honestly I won't mind if my account goes to hell... I'd love to get my account canceled, but *they* won't let me

8. jamesislush

jamesislush What's a Dremel?

I'm with you on that one. Kinda wish the whole thing would go down permanently.

9. xMathiasD

xMathiasD What's a Dremel?

+1 for that..

10. maximus09

maximus09 Forever n00b

If the could actually bring down facebook that would be great, but what would be better would be to wipe everyones data and give a fresh clean slate to everyone! Or maybe Facebook would introduce a delete account feature once they realise that people want that!

11. Zinfandel

Zinfandel Modder

To be honest... I kind of want this to happen.

12. Toploaded

Toploaded What's a Dremel?

Yeah me too, the world was a better place before facebook.

13. Gigglebyte

Gigglebyte :3

If you cannot remove the person from the addiction, remove the addiction from the person :p

14. <A88>

<A88> Trust the Computer

You know, if I objected to Facebook's privacy policies and felt they were infringing on my rights in any way, I'd close my account myself; I don't need a bunch of egotistical losers to do it for me.

15. supermonkey

supermonkey Deal with it

Personally, I choose not to be on Facebook due to some of the same privacy concerns echoed elsewhere. Plus, I just think it's mostly a colossal waste of time. This is, however, only my opinion and I accept that other people enjoy the whole experience.

Nevertheless, if you really wanted to get away from it all, it is entirely possible to permanently delete your account.

16. Kovoet

Kovoet What's a Dremel?

please delete my account please pretty please

17. Kasius

Kasius Bringin' the dremolition

Facebook sucks, that is all.

18. DXR_13KE

DXR_13KE BananaModder

"Remember, remember, the Fifth of November: the gunpowder treason and plot. I know of no reason why the gunpowder treason should ever be forgot"

19. Sloth

Sloth #yolo #swag

Yay, Anonymous protecting freedom of information. That is, their freedom to access your information and leak it on torrent sites.

I'd rather do my dealings with big bad corporations and the conspiracy theories against them than with the group that have shown time and time again that the only ones who suffer from their attacks are the innocent bystanders with their usernames, passwords, personal information and credit card numbers given out.

As always, supermonkey please stop posting before you go and shatter someone's preconcieved notions about Facebook and the world in general. :p

20. mulberrycrush

mulberrycrush Minimodder

wtf? this is just as bad as a corupt government tell you not to listen to anyone else. idiots.

Tags: Add Tags