1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other Any Ruby on Rails Devs here could help with our project?

Discussion in 'General' started by Guest-44432, 9 Jan 2020.

1. Guest-44432

Guest-44432 Guest

Hey guys, long time member of Bit-tech and CPC back in the day.

Back in August 2018 I created a PC Sim Racing Community, Redline Motorsport - This is where we orginise Events, Championships in the latest PC Sim racing titles.

From all the hard work and great orginisation, we are now one of the biggest and well know PC Sim Racing communities out there, with 2100+ Active Members, 100K+ PM Traffic, an Esports Team + Many Game Devs and Main Steamers are also apart of us.

WEB DEVELOPER

Our current Website: https://www.redlinemotorsport.co.uk

Our website is evolving nearly on a daily basis. We grow with ideas and as the staff is getting more and more professional (and demanding :D), we need to continuously develop our website and online representation.
    Do you enjoy web development and want to contribute to improve the RLM website? Then look no further, join us: Requirements:

◦ Fluent in Ruby and Rails. The web app is built in Ruby on Rails, and also uses PostgreSQL, HTML, JS and SASS, so at least a basic understand of these is helpful.
    ◦ Creative, funny and open person
    ◦ Very good written and spoken English is preferred.
    ◦ We are flexible with regards to how much time you can contribute As we are a non-profit sim-racing community, we pay none of our staff with money, we pay with fun and an outstanding staff community with loads of fun. You want to become part of the RLM staff and want to help us growing our website?

So if any of you are able to help, then please send me a DM.

Regards,
    Simon.

2. MLyons

MLyons 70% Dev, 30% Doge. DevDoge. Software Dev @ Corsair Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

I can't provide any help but that's a very nice website. Shame it's ruby on rails instead of django or I would have helped.

3. Guest-44432

Guest-44432 Guest

Thank you, it is slowly shaping up to what we want.
    Yeah, our main Dev works with ROR, and so he created our website with that. (Which is a nightmare for finding more Devs that use that Language...)

If you're keen to learn a new langauge anytime soon, I'm sure our main Dev can help. :)

4. adidan

adidan Guesswork is still work

No help from my end but it's good to see it going so well Si.

If i was into driving sims i'd be all over that site.

Hope you find someone :thumb:

5. Guest-44432

Guest-44432 Guest

Thanks bud. Our current Dev has so much demand from us at the mo, that some of the things we need, are very complex. I.E when it come to uploading the json results, and displaying result orders, which then get adjusted after applying penalties, which may see a driver drop a couple of positons, and promote the other driver around them, so everyone gets the correct amount of points for that race.

So any help with solutions like that are very helpful. :)

6. Valo

Valo Minimodder

You might want to unlock your profile, because I wasn't able to dm you - can't see your user profile

7. Guest-44432

Guest-44432 Guest

Replied. Thanks. :)

8. Guest-44432

Guest-44432 Guest

Still looking.

If you know of anyone, please send them my way. Thanks.

9. deathtaker27

deathtaker27 Modder

If you need help with deployment pipelines etc give me a shout, I'm already involved in multiple open source projects so cant help more than that

10. RedFlames

RedFlames ...is not a Belgian football team

I have worked on Ruby/Rails sites but i wouldn't say I'm fluent by any stretch of the imagination. I was mostly responsible for the SASS end of that sentence.

I'm a miserable git who doesn't do people very well.

Me writ reel gud. Unless I'm typing quickly, then my typing veers into 'drunk dyslexic' levels where even I'm not sure what I was actually trying to type.

Ordinarily, my mantra is 'you get **** all for free' but I've got nothing else to do, so if you can't find anyone else suitable I might be able to help...

...and in no way be madly searching StackOverflow and googling 'Rails for Dummies'

Guest-44432 likes this.
  11. Guest-44432

Guest-44432 Guest

TBH, we have so many issues that need to be completed, we could do with all the help we can get.
    If you join my discord in the link in my sig, I'll get you connected with the main Dev Tony, and you can have a chat with him to see how competent you are, and where we could use you.
    Thanks. :)