1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

anyone see fireworks?

Discussion in 'General' started by NoObY-DoObY, 5 Jul 2003.

1. NoObY-DoObY

NoObY-DoObY Hanging on by a thread...

umm read the title:D

2. stewe151

stewe151 Stress Personified

:D Gotta love that finale! :thumb:

3. Mr. Roboto

Mr. Roboto xBurningMikex

not just see....set off.

woo...404 posts

4. essjaytee

essjaytee emtarkanderundergunderson

we randomly stopped on our way back from a wedding where there were a bunch of people in a parking lot in Lewisville. We had a pretty good view of some NICE fireworks. Really impressive, especially because it was so random.

5. bilnv

bilnv What's a Dremel?

From my deck. :D

6. KMS-oul

KMS-oul You think you know me.

Anyone made good use of their digicam so us non americans can see?

7. Mr. Roboto

Mr. Roboto xBurningMikex

8. NoObY-DoObY

well i got only 4 pixs... my digicams "shutter" well not shutter speed was too slow so i got pixs of the dark... i want some fireworks

9. Iamgoodyy

Iamgoodyy What's a Dremel?

essjaytee you missed 4 fireworks displays in a 1 mile radius on Friday night from 9-10.30. The ballpark's were the best though. Sitting so close to them that they would make your heart skip a beat.

10. monolith

monolith True Friend

Saw a ton at Fort Hood. Had fun watching them fire off the howitzers too. ;)

11. eddie_dane

eddie_dane Used to mod pc's now I mod houses

we had a party at my house Friday night. Usually my town has a nice fireworks show at the park down the street that can be seen from my yard but not this year for some reason. So I went to Big Zack's Discount Fireworks and plunked down about $70. got the two stage mortors and some big-arsed sparklers for the kids.

For those of you doing your own fireworks, don't screw around with the rockets no matter how big they are. Get the mortors... with the exception of the altitude, hard to tell them apart from the big-time professional jobbies.

on a side note, I think we shortened the life of the old lady that lives across the street from us.. :worried:

no pictures, I was too drunk to operate something like a digital camera.... only the fireworks. :D

12. :: Phat ::

:: Phat :: Oooh shakalaka!

heheh.. Ideal,

I nearly cut the life of the local Manweb (old electricity board) building short on fireworks night before. I got some old flares (red shiny things not old generation clothing) and fired one off, it veered over and just about missed the roof of the Manweb building and burnt in the carpark.... my brother was the best..

"they'll never know it was us..." it was at this point I decided it would be best to point out the red smoke trail leading from our balcony right over to Manweb... d'oh! :duh:

13. NoObY-DoObY

eddie where do u live?? in NJ u cant even buy fireworks or have ur own even on 4th of july...

14. WireFrame

WireFrame <b>PermaBanned</b>

"Big Zack's Discount Fireworks"

Hehehehe. I love these American shop names. Nobody over here sounds as friendly as "Big Zack".

15. eddie_dane

I live in the south where fireworks, tanktops, tractors, and outlet towels are a birthright

16. K

K 528491

Actually yeah, we have fireworks the first weekend of July every year.

At Warwick castle they do a massive display two nights in a row with The City of Birmingham Symphony Orchestra playing and such in the castle's grounds too. Being local you get a free view from pretty much anywhere in the town. Great stuff. I'm gonna have to actually pay to go in one year cause it looks pretty mad http://www.warwick-castle.co.uk/events/special_ticketed_events.asp

17. yodasarmpit

yodasarmpit Modder

But being America you can probably by a gun, right?

18. eddie_dane

particularly in my area of the US, I could buy 6-7 of virtually any type of gun if I wanted... used to own two before moving to my current place. It's a tradition that I'm not to proud of around her to squeeze off a few rounds into the air at New Year's. Alcohol and random falling .357slugs is an irresponsible combo IMO.

19. tipsterb

tipsterb What's a Dremel?

i went 2 nj, for a little city break, and we were over there for the fireworks from the boats on the water,

omg, they were amazing, best ive ever seen, the best i recon were the happy faces, still kinda in shock, lol

20. NoObY-DoObY