1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News Apple releases Mac OS 10.5.5 update

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Jamie, 17 Sep 2008.

1. Jamie

Jamie ex-Bit-Tech code junkie

2. liratheal

liratheal Sharing is Caring

Fixed.

Now, if only I had Leopard..

3. Mentai

Mentai What's a Dremel?

"10.5.5 includes the ability to save your iPhone data via the Time Machine backup service"

This should be available on all OS imo, chucked in with an itunes patch

4. ChaosDefinesOrder

ChaosDefinesOrder Vapourmodder

Going with the way Apple treat their customers elsewhere, I'm surprised that they don't have this update as "free to Air and Pro users, but a $10 charge for standard MacBook/iMac users"

Disgusting business model...

5. BlackMage23

BlackMage23 RPG Loving Freak

Mac owners need to line up each time an update comes up to see who gets left behind.

6. adam197

adam197 What's a Dremel?

Care to elaborate #4 and #5 or just more factless jibes?

7. rhuitron

rhuitron Bump? What Bump?

ChaosDefinesOrder: That's because Apple is Commi. "NO! You CANT use anything hardware but what was made for APPLE!"

Need I prove more?

Here's one fix, Apple users still need a solution to..................Ready for it?................You Still have an APPLE!!!

8. adam197

adam197 What's a Dremel?

That would be because Apple is a hardware company. If they let people install their software on any hardware they like, that is nost likely going to take away from thier hardware sales, which as Im sure you can work out is not a good thing.

9. shomann

shomann Minimodder

It's so popular to hate Apple LOL.

Glad to see that Apple is bringing out updates a bit faster then they did for 10.5.4.

Not sure why the Time Machine thing is a big deal, unless returning the iPhone to a certain point in time is really important to some users. iTunes already backs the thing up, multiple times.

10. dyzophoria

dyzophoria Minimodder

I remember the Firmware 2.0 for the Ipod Touch which was needed you to buy the update, and yet alot of people still love and defend Apple despite this and the numerous exploits that are discovered time after time again on OSX, now talk about Fanboy loyalty

11. p3n

p3n What's a Dremel?

Pretty sure thats what itunes8 does (locally), theres no other way they could cut the backup times by such a large amount unless they switched to some form of incremental backup...

12. mrb_no1

mrb_no1 Pie Eater

yeh apparently it is included, sorry, the use of backup features in windows os through itunes for iphones is available. It just like to know where they store the backup so that i doesnt get deleted in formats, or god forbid the virus attack that means a hdd recovery must be done. its not an obvious file inside my music\itunes so i dont know where it is, results on a postcard, its just too late in the day to search google and read 'ideas'

peace

fatman

13. ChaosDefinesOrder

ChaosDefinesOrder Vapourmodder

Actually, EVERY firmware update for the iPhone/iTouch has been free for iPhone but $10 charge for iTouch.

14. rhuitron

rhuitron Bump? What Bump?

Who's the Bitch now?

Tags: Add Tags