1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hardware Arctic Freezer i30 review

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by brumgrunt, 3 Apr 2012.

1. brumgrunt

brumgrunt What's a Dremel?

2. Jhodas

Jhodas Theorist

First!
    Welcome back to the party Arctic.
    How long was the Freezer 7 on CPCs elite list?

3. Instagib

Instagib Minimodder

Does it definitely support LGA775? None of the retailers list it as such.

4. Combatus

Combatus Bit-tech Modding + hardware reviews Lover of bit-tech Super Moderator

No it doesn't I've just chopped that bit out of the specs, thanks!

5. mikeyman198

mikeyman198 Lets pretend this is hilarious.

Why does it have an overall score of 77%? I think you just copied the 2011 score and put it as the overall one? I think this might be a mistake :)

6. tonyd223

tonyd223 king of nothing

Usually on an AMD platform these things can only be oriented in one direction because of how they fit on the AMD bracket...

or did you already say that?

7. Aracos

Aracos What's a Dremel?

Am I the only one who didn't see a fan speed anywhere? >.<

8. Combatus

Not sure how but another score got added at the end - I'm sure that wasn't there to start with! Anyway, that's fixed - it gets 87% for LGA1155 and 77% for LGA2011.

The model we tested is only compatible with Intel sockets so we weren't able to see how it can be rotated in AMD systems.

I've just added that to the specs.

9. Eiffie

Eiffie What's a Dremel?

Good old arctic cooling! Glad to see them return as well and with such a nice product!

10. Speed

Speed I'm all you need!

The LGA1155 Score breakdown image needs some attention, the scores on the left are less than sharp. I thought it was my eyes but the LGA2011 Score one is a lot sharper below it.

11. Combatus

Unfortunately we don't have any way to add additional scores to articles (we only found the need to do this a year or two ago with PSUs). It seems fine on my 24in screen at normal zoom - it only goes fuzzy as you zoom in - maybe try resetting your browser's zoom?

12. TrevDX

TrevDX Ah Who Cares Anyway???

I see what you mean Speed the figures just look a little fuzzy. Not a great deal but just enough to notice.

This seems a nice cooler for the price. Good for budget builds.

13. Speed

Speed I'm all you need!

It is definately not the browser zoom, I do use a 1600p monitor so maybe that has something to do with how noticable it is.

Not moaning you understand, just trying to be helpful! :eyebrow: :thumb:

Indeed not the end of the world, just thought it was odd.

14. Pookie

Pookie Illegitimi non carborundum

Just installed this on a i7 3820 and so far so good. Core temp reports idle temps @ 38-41 degrees. I havn't pushed the system yet yet to see how well it copes under load. I will say that the shroud around the fan caused issues with the RAM and had to be removed so i could fill all memory slots.

15. noizdaemon666

noizdaemon666 I'm Od, Therefore I Pwn

I was going to ask how it affected RAM slots. Given the size of socket 2011, I'm guessing it will completely foul 2 slots on an 1156 board. Damn!

Did anyone notice this sort of issue during testing? It'd be nice to add into the article if so. (Apologies if you already have this in the article, but I'm sure I read it all properly lol)

16. Pookie

Pookie Illegitimi non carborundum

Im not even sure if low profile DiMM's will work as the shroud is a bit of a monster. I can confirm you will have to remove the shroud if using on a ASUS Rampage IV using Corsair Vengence modules. I even considered switching the cooler around so it exhausted out of the roof (Antec mini P180) but then it would have covered the first PCI-E slot :(

17. Waynio

Waynio Relaxing

Hmmmm, cheap, beats the dark rock pro & with only 1 fan, the saving can be used to mod it to be very awesome, must buy one. :D:dremel:

18. Goty

Goty Minimodder

A thought on the LGA2011 temps: did you try with the cooler rotated 90 degrees from the stated results? Despite the effects of the heat spreader, Sandy Bridge's elongated die could be sensitive to the orientation of the cooler if the heatpipes don't cover the entire IHS.

19. randis1981

randis1981 What's a Dremel?

please revision ARCTIC COOLING ACFZA30 120mm Fluid Dynamic Freezer A30 AMD CPU Cooler for Enthusiasts

20. fata1_666

fata1_666 ...

sorry but im using Arctic Cooling Freezer 7 Pro on my i5 2400 and handles the temps very well without loads of noise. why by the new one when the old version works just as good and cheaper??

Tags: Add Tags