1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News Asus "condemns" Gigabyte: Round 3

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Tim S, 28 May 2008.

1. Tim S

Tim S OG

2. bowman

bowman Minimodder

Pathetic.

I wasn't planning on to begin with but I'll make sure not to buy Gigabyte OR Asus mobos next time around.

So-called 'tier 1' manufacturers bundle loads of crap and charge a premium, who needs that.. Who needs linux on the board, an 'environmental engine' that doesn't really work, a heatpipe jungle, 'crazy cool', all this crap? No thanks.

3. mmorgue

mmorgue What's a Dremel?

Complete loss of respect for both companies now.

But has any independant hardware reviewers done tests on Asus' power saving setup? Can anyone else corroborate what Gugabyte are saying?

4. Fod

Fod what is the cheesecake?

i smell a bit feature!

5. liratheal

liratheal Sharing is Caring

I lol'd.

Waahmbulances and slaps all around for being so pathetic and childish.

6. Denis_iii

Denis_iii What's a Dremel?

waste of money, waste of time, I just don't care. Just make descent solid products, provide excellent support and shut up.

7. [PUNK] crompers

[PUNK] crompers Dremedial

jeez this is nearly as stupid as the intel/nvidia saga

maybe they should concentrate on making mobos rather than creating a tech soap opera.

having said that GIGABYTE Cheesecake!!!11111

8. Burnout21

Burnout21 Mmmm biscuits

gigabyte for the win, hate ASUS, iv never got on with there crap products!

9. xalek

xalek What's a Dremel?

This is just great fun! Nice to know that no-one ever grows up, makes us Uni Students look mature!

Have used products from both parties, never had a problem with either of them (Using gigabyte at the moment mind you).

Wonder if anything positive/constructive comes out of this playgropund brawl.

10. TheoGeo

TheoGeo What are these goddamn animals?!

oh dear... They are both great manufacturers and have probably each lost a lot of respect due to this petty, childish behavior.

Like most here, I've used products from both companies and had trouble with neither. MSI on the other hand I will always have a hatred for.

11. [USRF]Obiwan

[USRF]Obiwan What's a Dremel?

And now even the fanboys are starting a war. hilarious!

12. HourBeforeDawn

HourBeforeDawn a.k.a KazeModz

ehh my next motherboard purchase was going to be foxconn for my intel setup and msi for my amd setup so ya these two can keep fighting lol Im sure the rest of the competition is popping popcorn and loving it.

13. D3s3rt_F0x

D3s3rt_F0x What's a Dremel?

If you dont like it dont buy it im sure this argument dosnt come into it.

Why? Do you think when the press and law divisions of the company engage drive the R&D side hits the brakes?

14. johnnyboy700

johnnyboy700 Minimodder

Huh, sounds like a push me, shove you, handbags at five paces hissing fit thats been allowed to get out of hand and as usual the corporate lawyers are circling like sharks attracted by the smell of blood. Only this time it money they're haemorraging and it'll probably be followed up with a counter-suits, appeals, yadda, yadda, yadda..... It could go on for years.

I agree with the above, d'you really want to let a hissy fit between two companies decide what product you buy? I've always bought Asus MB's and unless their product quality takes a nose dive I will continue to do so. Sheesh if we all took the huff every time companies did something like this we'd run out of people to buy our kit from pretty quick, they are ALL capable of this kind of petty behaviour with Creative being the most recent example when they publicly went after the guy who modded their drivers and then had to back down.

15. PhenomRed

PhenomRed What's a Dremel?

why does everyone keep saying that asus are crap? i've had 3 asus motherboards in the last 4 years, and the only problem i've had is recently the on-board sound is playing up a bit. though this whole thing is kinda funny.

16. [PUNK] crompers

[PUNK] crompers Dremedial

I've had one asus board and had nothing but problems with it, i've also had 2 gigabyte boards with not a hitch

not saying this is the general state of play just my experience

17. DXR_13KE

DXR_13KE BananaModder

didn't asus and gigabyte make a daughter company?

18. Cthippo

Cthippo Can't mod my way out of a paper bag

Does anyone else hear the announcer from Mortal kombat in their head "Round three, FIGHT"

19. knuck

knuck Hate your face

damn , my two favorite manufacturers are at war. What will my inner fanboy do ?

20. mvagusta

mvagusta Did a skid that went for two weeks.

To me that's like audio amp manufacturers sueing one another for claiming that one brand of amp makes more power than another brand of amp. They all have different ways of measuring power, the resulting performanse claims of way too many electronic devices are often nothing more than martketing bull.

This kind of stuff just makes pc's look trashy & mac's come off looking even more classy.

Tags: Add Tags