1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News Battlefield 3 beta opens

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by arcticstoat, 27 Sep 2011.

1. scott_chegg

scott_chegg Minimodder

Boycott because of the origin requirement. I think most battlefield players would be buying it even if they delivered the installation files on 10,000 floppy disks strapped to a carrier pigeon.

2. damien c

damien c Mad FPS Gamer

My issue with the weapon's was firing a mag of ammo in to a enemy using the "Terrorist" weapon's and that playing not being killed, but hitmarkers showing for every hit then for them to turn round and fire half or less of a mag in to me and I am dead.

My dad always wanted to see something like that as it was the same in BFBC2 and until I showed him it he didn't believe me but, now he has seen it he understand's why it annoys the hell out of me.

I don't mind the bullet drop over distance and the bullet moving due to the spin on it, going through the air etc that they had in BFBC2 but when you hit people and they don't die but hit you once and you die it really is a joke.

I will record a video and throw it on Youtube if I find it does the same thing on BF3 Beta and then post the link here for you guys to see what I am on about.

I am glad someone else understand's my point's about the spawn's though as I thought I was the only one that found it stupid, that the enemy team can just spawn kill for the entire game and there is nothing you can do to stop it, thanks to the lack of the random spawn's that other games have.

3. billysielu

billysielu Minimodder

BF3 cost a tenner more on Origin than anywhere else - so no, I didn't buy from Origin - LOL IF YOU DID

4. damien c

damien c Mad FPS Gamer

Either you are joking or your serious but OMG why boycott something because it requires a program running to play a game?

Would you Boycott the Call Of Duty games because they require Steam to be running or because the Half Life games require Steam?

I can say 90% confident that you wouldn't and my guess is you say boycott it because it's not available on Steam.

5. oatey4519

oatey4519 can't be arsed...

Got my key via Steam!!!

If the key doesn't show reload ad it will appear!!

Downloading now

6. faugusztin

faugusztin I *am* the guy with two left hands

^^ is either joking or trolling. :D

7. KiNETiK

KiNETiK What's a Dremel?

Nope. If you bought MoH Limited Edition on steam then you get the key via Steam in the MoH page.

8. oatey4519

oatey4519 can't be arsed...

I'm not joking try it!!

9. mmorgue

mmorgue What's a Dremel?

Still no key for me, bought over EA online ages ago...

10. alick

alick What's a Dremel?

i am having same problem
    with trial an error i figered out the like it tells u to clik is your validion key u have to copy and past but then u put in your new password and tells u .............@gmail.com is invalid even thow it just sent u the validtion key there

11. mmorgue

mmorgue What's a Dremel?

@damien c
    I see what you're saying about spawn killing - it's plagued the BF series for ages. However, at the end of the day, it's meant to be a battle. And while annoying it might be, who wants to stand back and "let" the opponent spawn into position and then win the match?

When I play with my mates, we play for fun BUT we always play for the team and work as a team to win. And it's very satisfying to drive the enemy out of the flags and keep them stuck in their base. Sure, we could "stand back" and let them spawn but then...why "battle" with weapons and tanks? We might as well have a game of pushing and shoving and bad language...

Hence why we only play on HC servers with no rules.. apart from blatent glitch exploits or cheat/hacks..

12. will_123

will_123 Small childs brain in a big body

Are you saying that you get 98Mb download speeds on a 100Mb line.....?

13. damien c

damien c Mad FPS Gamer

Yes I do.

When I download drivers etc I download at a speed of 100mb, when I download from the newsgroups I get 92mb, when I download via Steam my max speed is 56mb and Origin gives me 98mb.

I will happily screenshot it for you if I manage to get that speed tonight if I get my key today, aslong as the servers are not overloaded.

14. scott_chegg

scott_chegg Minimodder

It's a sticky on the Steam MoH forum page.

Here's the info.

If you purchased Medal of Honor through Steam prior to the July 26th, 2011 cut-off, you are eligible for early access to the Battlefield 3 Open Beta.

The Open Beta Early Access starts September 27th, 2011. The Open Beta will be available to everyone else on September 29th, 2011.

To view your key, go to Medal of Honor in your Steam Library, and click the “CD Key†link. Find the “Battlefield 3 Open Beta Early Access†key.

Getting Into the Open Beta

Battlefield 3 is delivered through Electronic Art’s Origin client.

1. If you don’t have the Origin client already installed, please do the following:
    a. Go here: http://www.origin.com/language and click your language.
    b. Click “Download Origin†to install the Origin client.
    c. Follow instructions given during the installation.
    2. Once you have Origin installed, run it and log in with your Origin ID. (This will be the same as your EA Account ID used in Metal of Honor.)
    3. Click the gear icon in the top menu bar, and then select “Redeem Product Codeâ€.
    4. Enter your Battlefield 3 Open Beta Early Access product code .
    5. Hit Next at the confirmation screen and the code will be redeemed.
    6. Close the dialog box by clicking the X in the upper right once the code has been successfully redeemed.
    7. Click on the “My Games†tab in the top left.
    8. Find the Battlefield 3 Open Beta panel, and click on the “Ready to Download†button.
    9. Click on the Download Now button, and follow the instructions of the Battlefield 3 installer.

More Info

You can find more information here: www.battlefield.com/beta.

Any Problems?

If you encounter any issues, the EA Customer Experience team is available and ready to help. You can contact them by using the Origin Help link (the ? in the top menu of the Origin client) or by visiting help.ea.com.

15. impar

impar Minimodder

Greetings!

Steam delivered the key.
    Origin auto-updated itself.
    Downloading Beta at 3,4MB/s.

16. cheeriokilla

cheeriokilla What's a Dremel?

I would definitely play it that way! imagine the epicness of a carrier pidgeon wearing a soldier uniform slammin into your window with your BF copy, then install all 10.000 floppy! hope for none to be corrupted!

VIVA LE PIDGEON!

17. Baz

Baz I work for Corsair

still waiting for that Origin pre-order key. :(

18. CrapBag

CrapBag Multimodder

I pre-ordered from elsewhere, kinda annoys me that I don't get access, EA still get my money either way.

Disengages bitter mode :)

19. damien c

damien c Mad FPS Gamer

Apparently there is a issue with keys being sent out that EA are trying to resolve with Dice according to a clan member that has phoned the UK EA support team.

20. snooky32

snooky32 What's a Dremel?

Just got my key in the UK, at 14:40. Recheck your emails :p

Tags: Add Tags