1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

bit-tech 2017 refresh feedback: General site and forum feedback

Discussion in 'Feedback & Suggestions' started by Dogbert666, 27 Jun 2017.

1. boiled_elephant

boiled_elephant Merom Celeron 4 lyfe

Afraid not, no. It was in the range of 2008-2011, but beyond that I'm not sure. It was simply an early, rather large thread I posted in that I then went back and edited as a signature overlap dump. Are old threads purged progressively now, or did the facelift just leave some behind?

2. MLyons

MLyons 70% Dev, 30% Doge. DevDoge. Software Dev @ Corsair Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

I'm honestly not 100% sure but I can't see any reason they would be. I'd normally suggest going through your posts but as you have a ton I'm not sure how effective that would be.

3. boiled_elephant

boiled_elephant Merom Celeron 4 lyfe

4. MLyons

MLyons 70% Dev, 30% Doge. DevDoge. Software Dev @ Corsair Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

5. kosch

kosch Trango in the Mango

Anyone else not getting email notifications of PM's and subscribed threads?

6. Byron C

Byron C Multimodder

Ditto here, been that way for a while. The admin doge (@MLyons) is all over it.

kosch likes this.
  7. MLyons

Yh we're aware of the issues and have been trying to get a fix out all week. We fixed what was causing it early on in the week but another more serious issue has popped up today so it may take a little longer to fix but we are on it.
    TY. I was asleep so I only just saw these messages. Yes Dev doge is on the case aswell as the rest of the team. We know what the issue is from a high level we are just working on how to fix the issue.

Last edited: 13 Jan 2018
    Byron C likes this.
  8. Kronos

Kronos Multimodder

Yep, I get the odd one.

9. GravitySmacked

GravitySmacked Mostly Harmless

Same, one of the reasons I don't visit as much these days.

10. MLyons

All fixed

11. GravitySmacked

GravitySmacked Mostly Harmless

12. walle

walle Minimodder

Could we get away from this vaginal “like” social media nonsense garbage and get back to REP? I'd like the option to be able to add to a members reputation, rather than "like" a post like some school girl on Facebook or something.

It would be much appreciated.

Last edited: 24 Jan 2018
  13. MLyons

It behaves in pretty much the exact same way as rep did just without the silly numbers.

Byron C likes this.
  14. Byron C

Byron C Multimodder

I did wonder what you were talking about then, before I realised that you're quoting someone I'm ignoring :).

15. Byron C

Byron C Multimodder

FWIW rep was useless anyway, it really didn't mean anything. Having the points system was just an invitation to game/spam the system.

16. walle

walle Minimodder

I appreciate the response MLyons but disagree. Rep means something else, it's a sign that someone was either helpful or knowledgeable. Likes don't carry that impression at all, it's superficial “social” media garbage which we all know is very trendy these days, like this heart this heart that etc. It carries no value.

Anyway.

Just wanted to bring this to your attention, perhaps it would be best to remove the “like” feature as well.

wolfticket likes this.
  17. MLyons

It was polled when the new forum first went up and people didn't really care as the new system is technically an improvement in all ways... it just says like instead of rep.

18. sco0by

sco0by Mmm pie.

How about a theme that lets you set it back to the old classic blue colours for us old folk?

19. MLyons

If you can get me a screenshot or preferably multiple It's something I might be able to work on over my lunch breaks and at home.

20. sco0by

sco0by Mmm pie.