1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Networks Blueyonder speed increase!!!

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by LAGMonkey, 11 Aug 2005.

1. LAGMonkey

LAGMonkey Group 7 error

As taken from Telewests Q2 - Q5 results located HERE

As of September 2005 Telewest's Blueyonder service will undergo some changes;

Blueyonder Broadband - 512kbps will become 2Mbps at a cost of 17.99 per month

Blueyonder Complete - 1Mbps will become 4Mbps at a cost of 24.99 per month

Blueyonder Elite - both the 2Mbps and 4Mbps services will merge and become a 10Mbps service at a cost of 35 per month

All the upload speeds will be increased with broadband getting 256k and the other two to the new speed of 358kbps and there will be NO caps on any of the services :rock:

The information is also found over HERE

Last edited: 11 Aug 2005
  2. Lithium

Lithium super spunk

Gimps...wish I was still in a Telewest area :wallbash:

3. MrWillyWonka

MrWillyWonka Chocolate computers galore!

But I guess theres still a limit on who can get that speed. So far not many exchanges have LLU enabled.

I'm hoping BT will get their backside out of the offices and go upgrade them. They seem to be doing it in steps, 1Mbps, 2mbps, probably 2 next, then 4 etc. We should be going from 2mbps to 10, then 24.

But lucky for anyone getting 10mbps! However I am still awaiting a major increase in upload speed. 358kbps is still not enough for me, I want at least 1mbps because if I want VPN or FTP then I need good uploads.

4. Hamish

Hamish What's a Dremel?

its cable.

:( no BY here either, stuck with 2mb adsl

5. LAGMonkey

LAGMonkey Group 7 error

I forgot to mention that by september 2007 TW are going to try for 50Mbps if the market demands it. It would mean a change of all Cable modems but it can be done.
    Im just over the moon about the news as ive just started renting a house in a Telewest area :D

Also dont forget that once LLU realy gets going then 24Mbps will be the norm. Be* internet is going for that speed from launch but prices are still underwrapps (reported to be "under 30 per month)

6. MrWillyWonka

MrWillyWonka Chocolate computers galore!

I forgot Telewest is cable! I've got a cable line running to my house, but its not in use.

50mbps is fab! But theres still the upload issue, most servers will not allow you to download at 50mbps, so if you want multiple downloads, there is not much point having 50mbps if you havent got enough upload to keep up with the download if you know what I mean.

But I think the UK is finally catching up with the internet, but France has 18mbps standard. Are we finally starting to get ahead than America?

7. LAGMonkey

LAGMonkey Group 7 error

8. RTT

RTT #parp

My cable modem (old school surf board from ~2000) can handle 38mbits downstream max. I think i'd be happy with 38 to save the hassle of renewing the modem rather than a new modem + 50mbit/s.

/weirdo :D

9. LAGMonkey

LAGMonkey Group 7 error

well from what ive been reading on the digital spy cable forum, there is a lot of talk about the new PVR unit which will incoperate a new cable modem which will allow the 50meg speed increase.
    The idea is that the new unit will have 3 tuners (2 channel record and one view) HD support and a large HDD (160 i think). But the point still remains that the upload speed needs to be inproved but that cant realy happen as their arnt enough upload channels on the cable network and i believe that the current modems cant output enough power to send those signals.

10. hitman012

hitman012 Minimodder

10Mbps! Now that's what I call an upgrade :D

I want it now :(

11. Shadowed_fury

Shadowed_fury Minimodder

Odd, I got this 2mb upgrade ages ago! ;/

12. Duncangoodship

Duncangoodship What's a Dremel?

Hi i am looking for people in blueyonder in exeter and exmouth and maybe torqay if any can help please PM me.

thanks

13. ciaran.mooney

ciaran.mooney Minimodder

Woooooo.

Who doesnt love Blueyonder!!

Feel the speed. :D

14. Duncangoodship

Duncangoodship What's a Dremel?

me got my upgrade LOL. 10mb nice

15. Cyberbob:-)

Cyberbob:-) Minimodder

When anybody gets upgraded, It would be good to know, So please post on here.

Still waiting for mine... :wallbash:

16. hitman012

hitman012 Minimodder

Blueyonder page - includes regional info. They're starting up north and going down... damn!

17. [->>Curly<<-]

[->>Curly<<-] What's a Dremel?

av got ma upgrade :D 4 megs noticesd last night when a was getting musics :)

Tags: