1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

C&C3: Preview

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by WilHarris, 7 Mar 2007.

1. crazybob

crazybob Voice of Reason

I was a huge fan of the original C&C and also played my way through Red Alert. Those games stole many hours of my life and I don't regret that at all. More recently, remembering the fun I had with the originals, I bought Generals, which I also enjoyed thoroughly.

I didn't think a whole lot of it until I got my hands on a laptop running Windows 95 and installed my copy of the original C&C. I couldn't play it. The game hadn't changed and it wasn't the graphics putting me off (I can't think of a game I like better than Lemmings, and if I can put up with those graphics C&C should be easy); it was the interface. The unit-specific actions and the ability to build anywhere, plus having specific actions assigned to specific buildings, for some reason made more sense to me than the old-school side pane. I'm sure little things like holding right click to pan the camera also had an impact, of course.

I'll definitely take a look at the game and I've got a friend who plans to buy it, so have a play myself. We'll see; maybe I can be converted back to the old ways and maybe I'll just have to keep playing Generals. I suppose that's no hardship.

Tags: Add Tags