1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Music CD/Album Of The Month

Discussion in 'General' started by atanum141, 5 Feb 2006.

1. Icecoldbagey

Icecoldbagey Mountain Dew!!!

Hi i thought i would post my album of the month after criticising We are scientists lol :D Well i dont know if it has to be a new album. But the album i have bought this month and loved is Petitioning The empty sky by Converge, i just love it..and i have listened to it A LOT lol :rock: ...i was also thinking about purchasing the Converge live DVD as suspended in light aint done with the Botch one yet :sigh: ..anyone have it? Is it any good?

Ice

2. atanum141

atanum141 I fapped to your post!

OMG! well i just got this last nite and ive been listening to it this morning...goddamn its a wonderfull piece of art, i was expecting to be alot slower but i think the contrast of speeds and tempo's really make up a really rich yet bleak sound, and yeah as Mookboy said it really should be from a car advert.

3. <A88>

<A88> Trust the Computer

Rather ironically, it was iForward Russia! who supported We Are Scientists when I saw them ;)
    This month my top album's probably going to be Joe Satriani - Super Colossal. Makes a nice change to have a decent guitar album out every now and then.

<A88>

4. Been

Been What's a Dremel?

yeah i completely agree with the new satch album, best i've heard out in a while. it's varied in styles through out as well

5. Icecoldbagey

Another album i am loving at the moment is The Fall of math by 65 days of static, its just...a great album.

Ice

6. Shadowed_fury

Shadowed_fury Minimodder

Lacuna Coil / Karma Code.

7. Icecoldbagey

Gah..never have liked Lacuna Coil although they have been subject to a lot of hype as of late. Im defenitely not saying their bad..just cannot get into them.

Ice

8. Shadowed_fury

Shadowed_fury Minimodder

Not really your thing? I love them. :)

9. Icecoldbagey

Nah not really...and not being sexist but the female aspect of it as well, just doesnt suit it. But i can see why people like them

Ice

10. K

K 528491

Love that album. Got three different versions of it. The Saddest Day = pure pwnage

The Converge DVD is only worth getting if you're a complete fanboy really. I'm a die-hard fan and have only watched it the once. Poorly recorded live performances can only sound and look so good if you're absurdly incapacitated

Been waiting far too long for my Botch DVD.

11. Shepps

Shepps Slacking off since 1986..

< 3 65daysofstatic, One Time For All Time is worth getting too.

Last edited: 1 Jun 2006
  12. Icecoldbagey

Yeah K but im sure it will be amazing when it comes, watching and hearing Botch in 5.1 in my living room will be amazing. Haha Shepz i laughed at your sig. I also cannot wait for the new Deftones album 11.9.06, there is just something special about them...their music is amazing.

Ice

Last edited: 10 May 2006
  13. atanum141

atanum141 I fapped to your post!

Orite lads!
    Its that time of the month again! Post up what u guys have been bumpin'.

Album of the month for me is: Moloko - Catalogue

I recently got this and its wonderfully different, the curious voice of the lead singer is simply sublime and the contrast between their dance/funk/and inbetween tracks work very well for them.

Deffo worth having in the collection.

Honourable mention is also : "Keisha White - Seventeen"
    Superb UK R&B album (not that pop shite that people call R&B now-a-days)...her voice and selection of songs just make u wanna either cry,smile or start shagging ur partner very quickly, very impressed with someone who's as young as her.

14. specofdust

specofdust Banned

I'm on Deftones - B sides and rarities.

This is my kinda thing, it's got the..anger and angst that the deftones have, but I can sit and pretty much relax to it, because it's way less heavy then their usual stuff. Lots of acoustic. Definately worth checking out.

15. Icecoldbagey

Nine inch Nails- Live at Fresno, California.

Great album and they dont dissapoint live.

Ice

16. Tarff

Tarff What's a Dremel?

Kooks - Inside In/Inside Out. Pretty much the only thing I've been listening to lately.

17. warchild

warchild What's a Dremel?

:thumb: ...and " no ordinary love " it's one hell of a song. :hip:

I'm on Ladytron - Witching Hour. :) and Band Of Horses - Everything All The Time. :)

18. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

Tool 10,000 days: since I got the actual CD this has been just like Tool should be (not the crappy preview I listened to a couple of months ago). Im really really glad I have tickets to see them this month at the Hammersmith :):)

The Life of a Knife, I think, I borrowed it for the car. It's pretty decent listening, kinda crazy but definately car worthy rather than something I'd sit back and purposely listen to and absorb.

Bob Dylan: Just about everything he ever did over ~10 albums. Still not got around to listening yet. I will do in time.

19. finboz

finboz What's a Dremel?

feeder- the singles, a must if you havent already got thier albums :D

20. rupbert

rupbert What's a Dremel?

The first 2 tracks are particularily good.

Tags: