1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Case Mod - In Progress Celtic Forge -Cooler Master Mastercase 5t - CES2017 - Final Photos

Discussion in 'Project Logs' started by OrangeClockwerk, 18 Jan 2017.

1. OrangeClockwerk

OrangeClockwerk Clockwerk Industries

Hey everyone! Been a while since posting a new log, but I recently had an amazing opportunity to do a mod for Cooler Masters suite at CES2017! Even as busy as I have been I couldn't pass on the offer. The time frame was extremely limited, I think after all the parts arrived I had about 5-6 days to build this that is why I am posting the log now even though the build is finished, I would of never had the time to do it while working. Even with the constraint on time, I still manage to pack this Mastercase 5t with some cool stuff so lets take a look shall we?

The theme is something I always wanted to play around with, just creating a build with sacred geometry and patterned polygons through out. I believe its rather appealing to look at, and somewhat draws you in to keep looking. It is a rather open ended theme and can go many directions so I figured it was something I could use to make a mod in less than a week.

So first off this would of never been possible without Cooler Master as well as the other companies who pitched in to help get this project done!

Cooler Master - Mastercase 5t, v1000 Power Supply, and 6 Jetflow Fans.

Nvidia - 2x EVGA GTX 960

Avexir - 16GB Blitz DDR4 Ram, and S100 SSD

Primochill - Maxcord Paracord, Revolver SX Fittings, D5 Pump, D5 Pump Top and mount, PETG Tubing, and True White Opaque Coolant.

Swiftech - Apogee X2 CPU Block, and Extreme Performance 360mm Radiator.

Thank you all so much!

[​IMG]

So heading into the work, unboxed everything and started started installing to get a feel for it.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

(Originally planned on the Gaming M7 motherboard from MSI but the board ended up being DOA, so right before filling the loop I had to switch it out.)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

(I was also going to use 1 msi 960 before Nvidia got on board)

[​IMG]

Now into the modding we go!

First was a quick paint job on the Primochill pump brackets.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Then on the case I first peeled the foam off the front cover then CNC cut some patterns on the front backed with painted mod mesh for some enhanced front airflow for the radiator to be placed in the front of the case.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The next mod was a magnetic power supply shroud made of laser cut acrylic for the front of the case. I used 1/8" red for the base and 1/16" black on top to fit flush right behind the tempered glass. The Top layer caps the magnets and allow them to be glued in place.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

After that I installed the radiator, and made a custom grill with 2 layers of laser cut acrylic glued together.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Moving right along with the watercooling I made 2 of my favorite things to make, water manifolds! I went with the glued style this time because of time constraints and I didn't want to worry about possible o-ring leaks or anything. I pocketed out the base which was .5" acrylic, then laser cut a .125" cover plate, and a 1.25" trim to cover the glue bubbles. Then I sandwiched them all together with Weldon 4 and tapped the fitting holes.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Next up was the graphics car back plate, combined into a gpu shroud, combined with a SSD mount and a d5 pump mount lol. Nvidia was able to spare 2 960s for the build, they happened to be the ITX cards. So I designed this shroud to fill out the case a bit more and incorporate the other hardware.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Then I made some cable extensions and wire everything up!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

After cables came the tubing!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Then it was time to fill er up!!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

One last thing before wrapping it up. I made a window skin for the back door panel. Since the tempered glass is very nice, I didn't want to remove it, and I didn't want to obstruct the front window, so on the back I made a magnetic skin to bring the theme all the way around the build. I laser cut acrylic, layered it, and embedded magnets just like the psu shroud.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Then I built a matching show plaque, and crated it up for shipment!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Here is a few pics from CES!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

That is it for this update! I hope you enjoyed it! It was so much fun and really pushed me to accomplish as much as I could in only 6 days! I am grateful for the opportunity a look forward to the next collaboration! Also expect to see some Mastercase accessories available soon on my website!

I will be back with a final photo update in the next few days to a week! Also I will be doing Cyprus29 photos as well to be on the look out for that update also!

Take care see ya in the next update!

Last edited: 11 Mar 2017
  2. OrangeClockwerk

OrangeClockwerk Clockwerk Industries

Hey guys as promised the final photos for Celtic Forge - Cooler Master Mastercase 5t!

Again huge thanks to Cooler Master for the opportunity and Nvidia, Avexir, Primochill, and Swiftech for helping with the hardware and watercooling, without the joint effort it would not have been possible! I gotta say for a 6 day project I am extremely happy with how it turned out!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]3

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Thanks to everyone that checked out this build! Cyprus29 was just completed and the final photos will be going up on forums sometime next week!! Mod on!