1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cheapest PC ever =)

Discussion in 'Project Logs' started by ensellitis, 14 Nov 2004.

1. WireFrame

WireFrame <b>PermaBanned</b>

Um...if you look closely you will notice that linked your thread is immensely unpopular, and you seemed to be the main poster.

Also, you didn't really "build a pc for $10", but found an old PC and an old stereo, gutted one and stuffed the other into it. This is much more ingenious and creative. And isn't called "Compooper". Its not very nice to jump into someone's thread, say "Good idea, but I had it first" and leave, especially when you didn't.

This is an innovative mod, and I will be interested to see its outcome. Mod On....

Last edited: 26 Nov 2004
  2. PhatMatt

PhatMatt What's a Dremel?

Way to go wireframe, looks like its obvious who wears the pants in that situation :clap:

3. GigantoR

GigantoR What's a Dremel?

Thats great man. Modding with a purpose! Saving society with a dremel. lol

4. fastbullit

fastbullit What's a Dremel?

i salute you :rock:
    :clap:
    en eloge till dej //the same in the vikings language

5. Brillopad

Brillopad What's a Dremel?

:waah:
    im so embarrassed
    although this project is uber cheap its processor is nearly 4 times faster than my current PC, plus it a P3.

good job on the project and what a good use for it you have found.
    i hope the people who get it will apreciate all the work you have done.

:thumb: keep up the good work :thumb:

6. Lost.Soul

Lost.Soul What's a Dremel?

a bit crazy but cool :D :hehe:

7. insanarchist

insanarchist What's a Dremel?

Excellent job so far, man! I think you've given me some ideas of how to upgrade my slightly-more-standard "compy in a cardboard box" mod :D

8. Bboy_Jon

Bboy_Jon Minimodder

this could actually look like a really really nice case

you should cover all the sides and stuff with card board and paint it, line everything up with card board even the inside of the cuts for your cd drives and such, it would look kool, i wish i had some styro foam

anyways, would it get hot in there? or would it keep kool since they have styrofoam coolers and such

9. mottl3y

mottl3y What's a Dremel?

the polystyrene is an insulator: it will keep the heat in. but as someone said, just get some fans and some holes to blow it out, same as a normal pc

10. lewisbuckley

lewisbuckley What's a Dremel?

I love it, where do you work may i ask? I work in a out of town computer superstore (who i shall not name) here in the UK, and if you walk out with a stylus from the PDA's used for ticketing your nicked, hehe, high security! But I love the idea of your mod and it really doesn't look bad at all! I want more! and theres not much on your site :blah: well done all the same

11. ensellitis

ensellitis What's a Dremel?

Well, i work at a book publishing warehouse in pleasentville, New York. And there are alof of stores around here ran by rich people who don't care. lol.

And my site is being worked on, I am in the process of changing the look and writing some code...

And I have the case done, and it was donated, however, my flash card reader burnt out, so I can't get any more pictures up until I get a new one, and I am poor right now due to christmas... =\ I will post the pics of the rest of the construction very soon

12. LordFeaR

LordFeaR What's a Dremel?

lol, very nice work! I cant believe PC's could be put together for so little.. haha

*Gets out cardboard box* :dremel:

13. Rekarp

Rekarp What's a Dremel?

i first i thought "wow this is going to be one of those ghettp duck tape crappy cases" but this thing looks frickin sweet. One note on joining the styrofoam. You should see if you can get hold of some foam adhesive, the kind they fill cracks and stuff for AC's. Might make it overbudget but if you can find a can it would be alot stiffer than duck tape. (we use foam adhesive to make sets for plays so it works)

14. thrasher

thrasher What's a Dremel?

Nice concept. It may not be aesthetically pleasing but it its still cool! :rock: