1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Gaming Cities Skylines: After Dark Review

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Combatus, 25 Sep 2015.

1. Combatus

Combatus Bit-tech Modding + hardware reviews Lover of bit-tech Super Moderator

2. K.I.T.T.

K.I.T.T. Hasselhoff™ Inside

I agree with it being an awesome visual update to the game but I do love that visual days and nights last for more than a few game time days and nights.

3. PaulC2K

PaulC2K PC Master Race

Its also worth highlighting that this DLC is split, a lot of the content is unlocked by buying the DLC, theres also a fair amount of features which are simply included as a regular (free) update - one perfect example being the actual day-night cycle, its free to the vanilla game. I know the 2 zones (tourism & entertainment) are part of the locked content, but i think even the bus & bike lanes are free content - could be wrong, ive bought it but not played it yet.

This is something that CO & Paradox have a good history of, this 'After Dark' is a chapter, rather than something you have to buy to benefit from and undoubtedly more will follow of a similar nature. Im not a big fan of DLC typically, but i'll happily support this sort of approach. Even if you dont buy it, the update brings new life to the game for everyone, and how can that be a bad thing? When they've gone out of their way to sell the original at a very reasonable price, and included extensive modding tools at a very basic level and custom assets if you're capable & willing (the workshop, if you're not), and they're continuing to work on the game... its worth supporting IMO.

4. leexgx

leexgx CPC hang out zone (i Fix pcs i do )

Cities Skylines: DLC is worth it as its adding something (not adding something that was missing as other DLC tends to do or unlock hidden DLC) i happy pay for this as i had so much fun with mega citys in this game and its replayability is good, and even with my mega city i have in Cities Skylines now the game is very much operating normally with all tiles unlocked and more importantly some mods (witch EA try to prevent)

compared to simcity joke from EA with limited map sizes (unless you hack it and even then it sa bit buggy) and poor performance when there are to many people around (i had to abandon 2 cities as it became unplayable and others just ran out of room)

Tags: Add Tags