1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hardware Corsair Void RGB Wireless Review

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Combatus, 4 Feb 2016.

1. Combatus

Combatus Bit-tech Modding + hardware reviews Lover of bit-tech Super Moderator

2. David

David μoʍ ɼouმ qᴉq λon ƨbԍuq ϝʁλᴉuმ ϝo ʁԍɑq ϝμᴉƨ

When I saw the link in the forums, I was expecting a wireless keyboard with some kind of epic LiPo battery to run the lighting.

Finding out that it is a review of a headset was a little deflating, if I'm honest. :lol:

3. Hustler

Hustler Minimodder

Trying to figure out how you see the nice RGB lights when wearing them....???

Are they just for the amusement of others or something or do they come supplied with a nice Corsair branded free standing mirror to admire yourself in them?

4. Dogbert666

Dogbert666 *Fewer Lover of bit-tech Administrator

Sadly not but I'll pass on the suggestion. It really is just for others, so my advice would be to set them to flash in all sorts of colours very fast - as annoying as possible :D

5. David

Hmm, set to maximum annoyance and then render yourself incapable of hearing the approach of the missus/gf/whoever as they come tw@t you on the noggin with something weighty.

I sense a flaw in your plan. :lol:

6. Hustler

Hustler Minimodder

Hence the need for a mirror to warn of approaching danger.

Corsair really haven't thought this through. :)

7. HandMadeAndroid

HandMadeAndroid That's handy.

Stick a 5 pence LED on anything these days and folk will lap it up. I really hope they release under-seat lighting soon.

8. David

For when you drop your Corn Dog? :p

9. SchizoFrog

SchizoFrog What's a Dremel?

Here is a situational question... I have a Blue Snowball Mic which often sits on my desk... With that in mind would you recommend a gaming headset such as this Corsair unit or to use the desk mic and go with a standard wireless set of audio headphones such as the Sennheiser RS120 II's for example?

10. rollo

rollo Modder

Not sure how a headset with a Crackle you said in voice chat can get a recommended award when its main function which it does not full fill very well acording to your own words it may annoy others.

Rest of the headset is surely irelivent if the Mic the Key point in buying a headset has this annoying feature.

Crackle when not talking imagine that on skype in a long convo you would take the product back as defective surely.

11. GiantKiwi

GiantKiwi What's a Dremel?

I got these because of the wireless aspect. I've gone through 9 headsets in 2 years because of the trailing wires on conventional types. When you turn the RGB crap off, you can get a good 22-24 hours of use before the battery dies, compared to the 7-8 with the RGB crap on.

There is one downside to turning the RGB off though, it's on the same circuit as the LED mic mute indicator which means no indicator without the RGB. But, missing the indicator is a small thing to get almost 3 times the battery life.

Tags: Add Tags