1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News Crytek: Crysis for consoles is possible

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Tim S, 1 Aug 2007.

1. Tim S

Tim S OG

2. cjoyce1980

cjoyce1980 What's a Dremel?

console games are accessible to everyone, and to some PC gaming just sound overly complex with constaintly changing hardware. most PC games know that this is not the case, but the birth of the so called "casual gamer" has brought a laziness to gamers.

its far more simple to just put in a game into a console and play! or is it the laziness of the playstation owning "casual gamer" (also known as "sheep", cos they will follow any piece of crap that sony pumps out as they are not able to think for themself) that is ruinning pc gaming.

3. LeMaltor

LeMaltor >^_^

I would like a dumbed down version I can play with my xbox360 controller :D

4. will.

will. A motorbike of jealousy!

**** the consoles, I want it to run on my PC. No way am I playing this game with those stupid flappy sticks.

Are you people seriously saying you'd rather play Crysis on a console?

5. [USRF]Obiwan

[USRF]Obiwan What's a Dremel?

It has nothing to do with 'running better on consoles' and 'pc is dead' nonsense. Its all about the money. Console games make money. PC games get hacked and released by warezgroups.

What i do find a shame. Is the let down of the group of pc users that made all of those game companys big in the first place. And all of the people who bought expensive hardware to play next gen games that will feel let down by those companies.

Last edited: 1 Aug 2007
  6. zabe

zabe Perfect in my imperfection

It's understandable why there are more games for consoles: their life cycle is much longer, around 5 years, compared to 2 in pc gaming, when you should already start thinking about new CPU/GPU in order to play new games at the highest quality levels. Also, consoles offer the same hardware so that consumers don't have to think what components they should buy (unlike in pc gaming) and so the former is much more comfortable for not-hardcore gamers to buy. After all, the whole point of marketing and buying is that the consumer feels that they're buying intelligently, isn't it?

7. Firehed

Firehed Why not? I own a domain to match.

Only for the fact that buying a console that lasts me several years is a whole lot cheaper than upgrading my graphics card every nine months and then having all sorts of driver issues. At the end of the day, I still vastly prefer PC gaming (with rare exceptions - some kinds of games just don't feel right on a PC) for quite a few reasons, but there's a lot to be said for sacrificing some graphical quality in exchange for a simpler and generally more reliable experience.

8. yuusou

yuusou Multimodder

Of course in a long run a console feels cheaper, but you just lose that PC quality. I'd never leave my junk box for a console. I'd rather buy a game pad, like my 360 pad and just play something on the pc.

9. Demon Cleaner

Demon Cleaner What's a Dremel?

Well if this is true then I'm not gonna spend as much money on a graphics card. The short life cycle of computer hardware means pc gaming is limited to the rich and dedicated.

10. phat-ant

phat-ant What's a Dremel?

PC all the way Crysis looks great and all FPS games should be done with a keyboard and mouse damn it!

11. Demon Cleaner

Demon Cleaner What's a Dremel?

I'll hold judgment on that till I play Metroid with a Wiimote and nunchuk :D

12. will.

However much fun the wiimote is, its still clunky and inaccurate compared to the mouse.

13. chrisb2e9

chrisb2e9 Dont do that...

Pc all the way. I still remember when a friend of mine said that GTA was better on the console. So I asked him what custom music he plays. He got a little ticked off when I pointed out that we can mod pc games. Its because of the ability to mod pc games that I stick with the PC.

14. will.

Even that argument is under attack now with this modding on the PS3 thing.. Although until mods can be created on the PS3 itself its still really PC coming out on top of that argument. Especially seeing as you'd have to own both versions anyway.

15. pendragon

pendragon I pickle they

i'd much rather play an FPS on a PC.

16. Jodiuh

Jodiuh What's a Dremel?

For real! I almost cried when I found the Halo 2 menus hammered w/ yellow and blue buttons. We waited how many years to play on the pc? And now they expect me to buy a controller? Ugh...

17. Bladestorm

Bladestorm What's a Dremel?

Doesn't sound like they've changed there mind from past statements where they said they were making the best possible PC game and though they might develop versions for consoles after that, they would not be the same because the gameplay would have to be different to work well on consoles compared to the PC.

And in freak occurrence, I just flipped over the page of my copy of PCG UK that came yesterday and found the interview section both comments are from :

Sounds to me like CVG quoted one part, then another, just to make a bit of fuss over nothing ?

Last edited: 2 Aug 2007
  18. devdevil85

devdevil85 What's a Dremel?

I'm sticking with PC. Mine's lasted me almost 4 years now with only a couple $100 in upgrades and I'm doing just fine with the games that are available. Also, FPSs are undeniably better to play on PC rather than console, and even though the PS3 does offer M+K setups the games aren't built around them....only joypads....so PCs still reign in that regard....

19. mardukph

mardukph What's a Dremel?

There are games I'd prefer on the console, racing games (first and foremost), there are other genres
    that do well in both pc and console environments (adventure/rpg). Shooters has always been in the realm of
    PCs. There are some shooters I have to admit that played well in consoles. But Crysis, imo should stay in the PC - I doubt that even optimizations, consoles would deliver the experience that was originally meant by the developers.

20. Rebourne

Rebourne What's a Dremel?

Say what you will but this way is a lot better then making a dumbed down version for consoles and then futilely porting it over to the PC.

Tags: Add Tags