1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Case Mod - In Progress [Cyprus 29] CM Stacker : Update 18: Custom Fan Enclosures

Discussion in 'Project Logs' started by OrangeClockwerk, 3 Mar 2014.

1. Hukkel

Hukkel James' minion

There better be, we want more more more J.! ;)

2. OrangeClockwerk

OrangeClockwerk Clockwerk Industries

Hahaha yep dont worry :-D

3. mnpctech

mnpctech bit-tech sponsor

Tasty update, and worth sharing again! :rock:

4. OrangeClockwerk

Lol thanks bill!!

5. hero1

hero1 Minimodder

I am speechless:jawdrop:

6. OrangeClockwerk

Thanks Hero! =)

7. -MisterX-

-MisterX- Minimodder

I've subbed to you on youtube. Awesome vids man! Keep em coming:)

8. OrangeClockwerk

Thank you! I have been getting positive comments about the videos so I will continue for sure! Editing another one tonight and updating my forums with them and some photos.

9. OrangeClockwerk

[Cyprus 29] CM Stacker : Update 10/5 : Grey Matter tear down, testing, top panel

Hey everyone! I am truly sorry for such a long break between updates! I recently got a new job and my hours of operation changed and it totally knocked me off kilter. I had a week or so go by without being able to do any modding because of being so tired. although over the last week or so I got back going and full speed ahead! Excited to finish up this build and photo and video the whole process!

Lets get on with it! thanks to my sponsors! You all are amazing and this build wouldnt be the same without you!

[​IMG]

In this update I have a mix of things to share, I tore down my Grey Matter HAF912 build to harvest the parts because unfortunately I don't have the funds otherwise. In the end Cyprus29 and Black Frost will both benefit greatly from this decision.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

After tearing down the rig, I build up my Primochill test bench to prep the OS, set up Raid0, and also test everything out so I could proceed with modding the motherboard. I picked up a Cooler Master HyperT4 from Microcenter to get render my videos in the mean time since Camtasia Studio 8 is CPU based and the stock cooler was overheating.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Then I picked up my second EVGA 780 GTX GPU for the build! Perfect timing since the price drop!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Then I got back into the shop and finished my top panel by adding a 22mm and 16mm white ring LED anti-vandal switches and a Primochill fillport. Then I added copper painted 1/4" acrylic square stock as trim around the top to match the extension area.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

So that where I am sitting, Im going to finish a side project tomorrow for Akira749's Xenomorph build then I am back to work on Cyprus!

I also videoed the process of all my work and will continue to do so after all the positive feedback! I noticed not a lot of people do this and I think it brings a good look into my modding world! Basically the videos will cover all the work that I do and my photos will be more of a final shot of the parts. It is about 10 times the effort to film and edit videos of my work so I hope you all enjoy it! I listened to the viewers and shortened the videos and made a separate one for each thing I mod. Here are the 4 videos for the work I have done in photos! I have to link them separate because I can't embed a playlist :wallbash: until the next update, enjoy the videos and Mod on!!

10. OrangeClockwerk

[Cyprus 29] CM Stacker : Update 12/7 : Doors, Top, Bezel!

Hey everyone!! First off I want to apologize for such a long delay in updates here on the forums, it is not my style. I have been crazy busy with client work and I also had some trouble getting my videos edited from a guy who was gonna help me, in any event I am back editing myself and gonna get things done. One big thing that changed is I got a new job and I can no longer spend half my day on the computer browsing forums and editing videos. That really put a kink in my flow for documenting my modding. I'm going to do my best to continue with consistent updates, I have to dedicate about a full day to editing video and updating forums and that is an entire day of free time out of my workshop progressing. But it needs to be done.

What I have today is bringing you up to speed on the case where I am, I have a handful of pics and a few videos! I finally dialed in the bezels which has been eating at me for months now, 2 other designs failed and the CNC came to the rescue. Then I made my door panels and replaced the top panel to match the font on the doors!

I want to quickly thank my sponsors, you guys are seriously awesome, so supportive, and understanding.

[​IMG]

Now on with the work!

Here is the new bezel design I finally ran with. Very happy with the outcome! The rear bezel will be completed when I get all the cables to extend to the motherboard and graphics I/O. I will then make a white acrylic panel custom with all the PC input and output connections.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Now on with the door panels and top panel. Front door is engraved with Clockwerk Case Mods. The rear top panel is made to be a giant periodic table block for copper and the bottom panel is Cyprus29 the name of the build! I think it fits the theme well! =D

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

It may not look like much but these 3 videos here would make up a few hundred photos =D I am continuing the same way as before where the videos represent all the work to make these completion photos. I hope you enjoy!

Well that's all for now, I hope to have 2 more updates and then the final photos. My goal was to finish by the end of the year but I am not 100% sure I can make that happen. I am going to try my best though. For those wanting more frequent updates check my Clockwerk Case Mods facebook page, I post my daily work there! Thanks again see ya soon!

Last edited: 8 Dec 2014
  11. -MisterX-

-MisterX- Minimodder

Amazing attention to detail, the build looks really sweet! Also love the vids:)

12. Waynio

Waynio Relaxing

I'll keep the superglue trick in mind. :)

Excellent videos, really well covered project & the project is looking awesome.

The hafmeister. :lol::clap:

13. OrangeClockwerk

Thanks! Glad people are watching the videos :)
    Yeah its pretty helpful :) Thank You! Love the HAF series!

14. Zsolt Guriga

Zsolt Guriga What's a Dremel?

Perfect videos man,I ve just watched:thumb:,also I agree with others you are really HAF-Man:)

15. siliconfanatic

siliconfanatic Johny-come-Lately

Looks gorgeous! You've got my sub!

16. bulldogjeff

bulldogjeff The modding head is firmly back on.

I love this build. It all just works so well and some amazing detail work. Love that res

17. Bartacus

Bartacus Minimodder

Awesome stuff! Excellent videos too! I didn't know you did stuff for Akira's Xenomorph build (love that build). Great stuff man, keep it up!

18. OrangeClockwerk

nanananana HAF MAN hahaha :lol: Thank you glad you like!

Thank you sir! Welcome!

Thanks man! Sad to say the res is actually going to be remade, I had glue runs on the clear acrylic because I was using crappy syringes. Tried to sand and polish but it wasn't working out because I already painted the trim. I have a new concept design for the res i will share a render next update. Its going to be sweet!

Thanks man! Yeah he contacted me to help with the reservoir he made to look like a stasis tube from Aliens. Very cool project glad he chose to work with me! I actually have a video for the work I did on it that I will be uploading to my channel Sunday!

Glad everyone enjoys the videos! Just more motivation to make them better and keep them coming! After my last update on this forum nobody commented for 2 months until this update:waah:, I was super busy and didn't have time to edit all the videos and everything. Normally I like to update every 2 weeks. But anyways when I came back to update and there hadn't been one comment in 2 months. I was a little worried.. None the less, things are flowing now. I would like the build done by the end of the year to try and make the MOTY nominations if I am even deserving enough, but I am not sure If I can make that deadline. Going to try though! Thanks again for the kind words everyone!

19. ciobanulx

ciobanulx Modder / Watercooler

I have been following your video logs, great stuff man, awesome project!

Can't wait to see this finished :D

20. OrangeClockwerk

Thanks man! I cant wait to finish also =D I liked you VaultBoy build that was awesome! Cheers bud!