1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Displays Dell 1707FPV Can't Display Come Colors Properly

Discussion in 'Tech Support' started by tennisball, 8 Jun 2010.

1. tennisball

tennisball [Insert witty comment here]

So, I was playing Just Cause 2, when all of a sudden my second monitor (displaying iTunes at the time) went like this

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

At first I thought I must've jolted the VGA cable out a bit, but after unpluging it then putting it back in, it was still the same.

It seems to display some colors fine though, for example the red geen and blue splash screen was fine, apart from the white text being as above.

As always, any help is appreciated.

2. Guinevere

Guinevere Mega Mom

First thing, swap the monitors over to rule out your GFX card(s).

Then try a factory reset if the monitor has it in the menu, I doubt it will help but you never know.

But it sure looks like your monitor is dying. I had a 20" Dell 2001 which went all magenta on me. The menu was perfectly white etc, but all inputs were pinktastsic. I tried swapping the circuits over with an identical monitor with a scratched screen (don't ask), the panel was fine but the rest was kaput

How old? RMA?

Last edited: 8 Jun 2010
  3. tennisball

I've tried the factory reset. Nothing. As swaping the monitors over, I just tried that, and it's defo the monitor.

4. tennisball

Well, last night I was having a clean out, when I turned around and somehow managed to knock it over, so, later on I switched it on again, and now it works, no idea how, but somehow the impact must have fixed it.

5. Guinevere

Guinevere Mega Mom

LOLz, brilliant

I had a portable TV when I was little that went green, the only way to fix it was to wallop the side.

So you've got a lose connection or a 'dry joint' in there somewhere.