1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Displays Dell U2711 my quick review

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by wyx087, 13 Oct 2010.

1. Pookeyhead

Pookeyhead It's big, and it's clever.

ICM profiles are not really transferable, as no two screens are the same. There's no alternative I'm afraid. If you want accurate colour, then you'll need to get hold of a colorimeter and do it properly.

2. jbloggs

jbloggs What's a Dremel?

Works ok for me...
    ________
    nice tits Webcams

Last edited: 20 Aug 2011
  3. Rofl_Waffle

Rofl_Waffle What's a Dremel?

They work, its just not colour accurate.

4. jbloggs

jbloggs What's a Dremel?

Running the Lagom test images (and general usage) everything looks fine, so don't think I'd go along with your conclusion about the colour being inaccurate...
    ________
    LoveTherapy cam

5. wyx087

wyx087 Homeworld 3 is happening!!

i bought a £1 blue-red glass on the bay :D wanting to try out 3D gaming. but problem is at sRGB i still see the blue image through the red lense. im thinking the cheap glass isn't colour correct.

anyone know how do i create a calibrate profile for 3D gaming? where do i get and configure my own ICM?

6. Rofl_Waffle

[​IMG]
    This is the sRGB calibration report from TFTcentral for the U2711 that they tested. The ICC profile in their database is for this monitor and the one you downloaded. As you can see they achieved a very good deltaE of 0.5

This is my what happens when I load that same ICC profile on my monitor and do a calibration test.
    The image on the left is done by the i1 Display 2 (aka blue eye pro) and the right is done by the Spyder 3. Both test results match more or less.
    [​IMG]

As you can plainly see, despite having the same model of monitor, the ICC profile created for the TFTcentral monitor is vastly different. They are simply not transferrable with the level of accuracy you would like to have.

Last edited: 13 Dec 2010
  7. Teelzebub

Teelzebub Up yours GOD,Whats best served cold

I haven't tried the 3D on mine yet, I'll have a go later and see if it works on mine.

8. jbloggs

jbloggs What's a Dremel?

I have neither a Lacie Blue Eye Pro or a Spyder3 pro for exact calibration purposes, so I can't give a visual representation of how the TFTCentral colour profile works with mine, if you wish to lend me one of yours I will be more than happy to provide such information...however, at the moment I am quite happy with the visual quality of what the monitor is giving.
    ________
    LIVE SEX WEBSHOWS

9. Rofl_Waffle

I was simply trying to say the ICC profiles provided by TFTcentral is no better than the default calibration provided by Dell, but you doubted my conclusions.