1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News Destiny rakes in $325m in first five days

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Combatus, 18 Sep 2014.

1. Combatus

Combatus Bit-tech Modding + hardware reviews Lover of bit-tech Super Moderator

2. Maki role

Maki role Dale you're on a roll... Lover of bit-tech

You know, that's actually a lot less than I'd have thought. I mean it's released across 4 consoles, that's a colossal market share, and had a huge amount of marketing thrown at it. Not to mention all the people still fawning over Bungie for some reason.

By way of comparison, Halo 3 grossed $300 million in the first week, on a single console that had only been out for just under 2 years (so add a year to the Xbox One now).

Impressive for a new IP though.

3. kosch

kosch Trango in the Mango

Does Destiny have micro transactions?

4. damien c

damien c Mad FPS Gamer

The game is really good and is one of those games that would be amazing on the pc but hey Bungie decided it was to difficult to develop it for the pc, at the same time as the consoles.

I have been playing this since Saturday and I honestly have barely stopped playing it apart from going to work and sleeping.

As Maki said though I would have thought this would have made alot more than that by now.

5. kosch

kosch Trango in the Mango

A friend gave me a demo and it reminded me of how I thought Tabula Rasa would be!

6. fix-the-spade

fix-the-spade Multimodder

For a new IP it's brilliant, EA must be wanderign what they did wrong with Titanfall.

Most interesting to me is that the raids are being added without extra charge (for now), just need to wait for that PC version to rear it's ugly slow growing head...

7. samkiller42

samkiller42 For i AM Cheesecake!!

Oh, so what happened to the $500 million they made on day one? TrustedReviews

Sam

8. awlllwa

awlllwa What's a Dremel?

Well duh... any brand/company/title that uses a descriptive word describing their general quality can not be held accountable for blatantly not following it. So just because they are called TrustedReviews it does not automatically mean you can really trust them.

9. Fantus

Fantus Nothing to see here...

They shipped $500m to retailers but the actual sell-through so far is $325m, they're two different figures.

Tags: Add Tags