1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News DFI to release LanParty v2?

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Da Dego, 11 Jun 2007.

1. Da Dego

Da Dego Brett Thomas

2. DougEdey

DougEdey I pwn all your storage

Damnit I want to be a trainee DFI BIOS engineer :'(

3. ./^\.Ace./^\.

./^\.Ace./^\. What's a Dremel?

I don't know anyone that uses a DFI board :duh: so I don't really know how good they are. could some one tell me what they would give this board out of 10 :confused: or compare it to a new ASUS board :confused: I must say that it does look pritty impresive.

4. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

They are generally regarded as very hit and miss. Some are superb but others are littered with incompatibilities. DFI has made some legendary boards though thanks to their BIOS guys and crazy hardware engineers. They are generally regarded as a "know what you're doing if you want to play with one" board. It took me two weeks to learn the BIOS of the ICFX3200 T2R/G before writing that article in Jan :)

Tim and I sat there for a good half hour and went through a few ideas with the guys from DFI about their V2, and some of the stuff being thrown about could be super crazy if it makes production.

5. knowyourenemy

knowyourenemy Professional Winner

I can't wait for this board. I have had my Lanparty UT nForce 4 for about two years now and it is certainly the best motherboard I've invested in.

This new one is going to be Intel, right?

6. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

Two Intel and one AMD are due.

7. teamtd11

teamtd11 *Custom User Title*

Im probbly going to be getting the am2+ board when it comes out, but i think i will hold off till a bit-tech review :p

8. Burnout21

Burnout21 Mmmm biscuits

DFI boards are great, a use to own an epoxi 8RDA3+ on skt A, and that was a monster board, then some chaps i believe left epoxi and went to DFI, and BAM the 754 and 939 series was born!

I have owned the Ultra rare 939 NF3 DFI board, which hits 310MHz FSB which is handy, and im now on my second DFI board, the SLI-DR 939.

Fantastic overclockers, if you want all you can get out of a CPU in terms of OC'ing then DFI is for you!!!!!

Iv been waiting to see how DFI would take on the C2D properly with the lanparty series.

I believe DFI boards hold the highest front side bus speeds in overclocking, so maybe they will manage to get the Nvidia 680 chipset to out run TWIN2X2048-10000C5DF lol!! :D

9. capnPedro

capnPedro Hacker. Maker. Engineer.

Fantastic brand, between myself and two friends, we've used about 10 or 11 DFI boards between us. They rock :rock:!

But I wouldn't really recommend a LanParty to a 'noob'. An Infinity, though, hell yeah.

RE: DFI BIOSes. They are superb, probably the best around. Only niggle I've ever had is my current board only has On/Off for "Power state after AC power fail" (not "Last state") but nevermind, it's usually on anyway :p.

Looking forward to the AM2+ board, but by the time I'm lookign to upgrade my mobo, I'm sure we'll be way past Socket 1000+.

10. wafflesomd

wafflesomd What's a Dremel?

DFI-Ultra -D

Best mobo ever.

11. Guest-23315

Guest-23315 Guest

I'm glad that most board makers are now making sata ports that exit at the side of the mobo.

DFi, please don't use heatpipe coolers! They are a pain to remove and are ugly!

12. radodrill

radodrill Resident EI

Can't wait for the new boards; DFI is da bomb

13. knuck

knuck Hate your face

It's EPoX by the way ;), or at least it was, it's kinda dead

14. karbonKid

karbonKid Minimodder

DFI LanPartyUT NF3-250GB was simply the best board that ever existed. Stupidly overclockable, and with the latest BIOS, absolutely flawless (apart from crappy nVidia RAID drivers). I've had a sempron @ 340FSB on it (with 1:1 DRR:FSB ratio). 'nuff sed.
    After the SLI-DR it kind of went downhill - they're boards remained amazingly clockable, but were finicky about what hardware they would work with at best. Some people just find it annoying; for those with time and patience it's apparently called 'character'. I guess DFI boards are just one of those things you have to try yourself to decide wether you like them or not. If you do, though, you can be guaranteed you'll spend days, even weeks, trying to eke every last drop out fo your system's performance. Seriously, DFI's BIOS's must be chemically additive or something!

15. completemadness

completemadness What's a Dremel?

wow that cooler looks nice

although it looks similar to the thermalright HR-05 SLI, a very interesting cooler http://www.thermalright.com/a_page/main_product_hr05sli.htm

and the nice thing with that cooler is it will work on those motherboards where they decided to put the chipset under the end of the GFX card (like the SLI-DR which seems to be one of the most popular 939 boards for enthusiasts)

16. mikeuk2004

mikeuk2004 What you Looking at Fool!

One thing I will say is this. DFI customer service is spot on. My Nforce 3 board has had its Northbridge fan fail 4 times now over 3-4 years. DFI have posted me replacements each time at no charge within in 3-4 working days from overseas. They responed same or next day to your emails and very helpfull unlike other big named corporations who dont even acknowledge your emails, nevermind responding.

DFI is definatley a brand ill stick with as their products are spot and even better customer services. Before my AMD NF3 Ultra Lanparty UT I had a Nforce 2 AMD board which had no issues.

Id recomend them any day. Past boards Ive had like MSI, Gigabyte, Elite, have been pants.

17. Neoki

Neoki Minimodder

To be honest i must say its about time the northbridge had a revamp, as mikeuk said my fans on my DFI boards have always died. Im on my 3rd 939 SLI-DR from DFI.

Other then that It has to be said that they are amazing boards and got to love the UV.

Miss the non UT boards though because of the bundle.

Hopefully they will keep the same level of service up :D

18. severedhead

severedhead What's a Dremel?

Just what I wanted to see. My nF4 + Opty 144 combo is getting a little dated now and was looking for upgrades, I might just wait until these come out.

I'd definately go for a DFI mobo again. As others have stated, you can squeeze every last drop of performance out of your hardware providing you have a few weeks to understand and tweak the BIOS.

But please no heatpipes.

Tags: Add Tags