1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Windows Diablo 3 Confirmed !!!

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Neoki, 28 Jun 2008.

1. willyolio

willyolio What's a Dremel?

i'm a little underwhelmed, but still excited. D2 sucked away my high school years, and i can't wait for D3.

after hellgate london came out, i was kind of expecting D3 to be a bigger change- maybe a (free to play) MMO, first-person, or whatnot. for now, it just looks like diablo II in 3D. you can change camera angles... but that's about it. i hope you can swing around a full 360 degrees, instead of being locked into a single isometric view. then again, it's still really early in development, so i'll wait and see. i have no doubt blizzard will put out a very high-quality game.

2. Veles

Veles DUR HUR

I'm actually glad about that, it didn't really need changing, it's Diablo 2 with better graphics, a new story and better controls. It's nice to have a fully rotatable camera, but in games like this and RTSes, you tend to just stick with one anyway unless you're trying to get a vanity shot.

3. PapaBearNZ

PapaBearNZ What's a Dremel?

I've long been a single player only sort of gamer. I like pitting myself against the game in a one-on-one basis. I enjoyed DII for that reason.

However, single player in DIII would be a challenge I think. I sure wouldn't want to take on that Siege Beast single-handedly without a serious "prod-donkey" character!

That said - I'm a melee player primarily - so I'll probably just create a barbar as usual and get all medieval on it's butt! "Grok Hit! Rarghh!"

PB

4. Yemerich

Yemerich I can has PERSUADETRON?

I had visited Blizzard home page many times since D2: Lord of destruction to have any news on D3. Now it's here!

I see this new Diablo as a punch right in the teeth of the good ppl at Bethesda. They say that FO3 needed to keep the pace with the computers new capabilities.

Diablo is still Diablo. And as i watched the teaser it became clear why Blizzard is one of the best out there. I had played Diablo TONS of times and yet never found everything possible in the game I can easily state that diablo was one of the best games i ever played, and the game that keeped me amused for more time. I am extremely happy that Diablo is keeping it's identity.

And despite what everyone is saying, the hype is created by the high antecipation of this game, and not because of marketing, so i have my OWN HYPE! :D

Nevertheless, i am looking forward to rip some ears from you all! See you in Battle.net!

5. knuck

knuck Hate your face

pretty nice :D

I've been playing about finally playing D2 lately and now this news comes up :)

However, is D3 supposed to be out before SC2 ? If not then you better be ready to wait for a loooooonng time before you get to play the game

6. LordPyrinc

LordPyrinc Legomaniac

I played the Diablo games since the first one came out when I was in college. Aside from a hiatus of about a year, I continued to play D2 religiously until about 2.5 years ago. I look forward to wasting away thousands of hours on D3 if its good enough.

Alas, for now, I shall play Titan Quest Immortal Throne some more. Can't... seem... to get away... from... it... must try... more character combos... ARGH!!

7. Mante

Mante What's a Dremel?

Goodbye my life!!!! I've been waiting this for 2 years!!

8. Cadillac Ferd

Cadillac Ferd What's a Dremel?

You know, I've never ever played a Diablo game but that gameplay trailer really was amazing looking. I can't wait to pick this up, it's almost supplanted StarCraft 2 as the Blizzard game I'm most excited about.

9. sotu1

sotu1 Ex-Modder

sorry to start with the whole "this build is better than that build"...but...i found a crescent moon runeword holy shockadin more effective than the lightsabre zealot! shockadin for the win!

personally i can't wait for the 'zons. just love bow based builds. was ever so tempted to go back to D2 and make a enchant sorc. with a strafe bow (you get like 5 k fire damage per arrow on strafe or something obscene.)

god i love this game.

predictions wise, the blizzard skill will come back, as will whirlwind, the windforce (woo!), not sure about the javazon or the druid just yet either. dunno why, but i can't see them comin back. i do expect masses of MF farming. and crack cocaine to filter through the internet and into our fingertips. i swear thats what they do.

blizzard don't have to make an entirely new game with everything different from before. they have an excellent formula that works, they just need to iron out the (few) flaws from D2.

10. docodine

docodine killed a guy once

Skelly Necro with a Fanat Zealot backing him up = the best.

I have a question, did anyone actually enjoy hellgate?

11. Veles

Veles DUR HUR

I think many people were disappointed with it

I think the main problem was people were expecting it to be like Diablo 2.

12. Mentai

Mentai What's a Dremel?

And that it was bugged to hell (haha!). Also, samey environments.

13. sotu1

sotu1 Ex-Modder

i really liked the modern setting though. if hellgate london was essentially diablo 2 reskinned with new quests and music and graphics then i would have lapped it up. i prefer modern settings to olde arcane stuff. although i'd probably still have a bow and arrow....lol....

14. sheninat0r

sheninat0r What's a Dremel?

Summoners were crazy overpowered... My old skellymancer could solo hell Baal no problem.

15. Arkanrais

Arkanrais What's a Dremel?

I just finished soloing hell with a fire/ice sorc. baal/diablo were pissed all over with my character on hell, but the bosses with fire&ice immunities were a complete f*** (long time spent on one of the 3 ancients on the arreat summit before the worldstone keep place and the minion of destruction boss {listor the tormentor or something}. fire damage 5.8-6.2K damage from fireball, 13-14K from meteor impact and annother ~2k a second from the fire it left, 500-600 per needle from frozen orb. completely creamed everything. never used the lightening tree

also with diablo 2, type in '/players 8' into a text box and it will up the difficulty level of the game you are in to the same as being on a b.net game with 8 players (works on single player too). good for getting lots of experience if you start the game off with it but in nightmare/hell, you'll want to lower it to about 4 or 2 players so you dont get creamed

16. PapaBearNZ

PapaBearNZ What's a Dremel?

I used Nightfish's skellymancer build guide and had no troubles soloing hell (I always liked to play solo hardcore). I also had a lot of fun with a MeteOrb Sorc.

But the char I had the most fun with was my BowBarian. A barbar who used a bow for his primary weapon. Took some work I tell you! But a lot of fun.

PB

17. Veles

Veles DUR HUR

Awesome I never knew that

18. r3Q

r3Q Minimodder

i want to play this now.

i wasted like 2~5 years of my life playing d2. every now and then i get the urge to start playing again and ill find myself on Bnet with a rediclious character in a few weeks. then ill stop playing for it to be deleted hah.

one of my favorite characters was my throwing barb. the only problem was there were no 'great' throwing weapons for em and i could only attack one target at a time. but frenzy+doubleswing+throwingskills=fun. :)

19. PhenomRed

PhenomRed What's a Dremel?

Hellgate was okay, the levels were way way too repetitive though.

20. sotu1

sotu1 Ex-Modder

a what barian? never heard of that mate! can't quite see how it would work either! what's the build made from!?

Tags: