1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News Dishonored system requirements revealed

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by CardJoe, 14 Aug 2012.

1. CardJoe

CardJoe Freelance Journalist

2. David

David μoʍ ɼouმ qᴉq λon ƨbԍuq ϝʁλᴉuმ ϝo ʁԍɑq ϝμᴉƨ

I must confess, I don't think I've heard of that one before.

On reading that little bit though, I couldn't help but think "Hellgate: London"

3. CardJoe

CardJoe Freelance Journalist

4. sotu1

sotu1 Ex-Modder

Not excited by this one actually....but looks nice and I'm sure it'll be amazing to those who will get it. Just not on my list.

5. aramil

aramil One does not simply upgrade Forums

Looks interesting. Might have to add it to the list lol

Sent on my CM10 JB powered i9100 by TapaTalk 2

6. Bauul

Bauul Sir Bongaminge

You guys are kidding right? What's it like living under a rock?

It looks like on the most exciting new IPs in ages, a combination of Half-Life, Bioshock, Deus Ex and Thief. What's there not to like?

7. SlowMotionSuicide

SlowMotionSuicide Come Hell or High Water

+1. This is actually looking to be one of the very few titles I'm about to grab at launch, for full price (Diablo III, Starcraft 2 and Witcher 2 are only titles I've bought at launch for last couple of years).

8. hoochy

hoochy Need moar cooling

I too am really looking forward to this. Thought this and sleeping dogs might be good uns' but the review has put me off it. Let's hope this turns out as good as it has looked/sounded so far :)

9. Skulldragon

Skulldragon What's a Dremel?

Seems a bit strange that the recommended graphics cards are the same for both the min/recommended requirements, even though the recommended memory goes up.

10. Sloth

Sloth #yolo #swag

The hardware requirements are a little bit disappointing. I had just managed to trick myself into thinking that maybe it'd be a multi-platform game with some extra pretties for PC.

After watching the "Golden Cat" playthrough video even the controls and UI seem console based, which is to be expected I suppose. All in in all it looks fun, just one that I'll probably be grabbing for PS3. The video also showed something interesting: Very Hard mode and the option to do a completely non-lethal playthrough. My MGS senses are tingling!

11. .//TuNdRa

.//TuNdRa Resident Bulldozer Guru

460 recommended? I hope it's SLI native then, because i've not quite got the power of a 460 in a single card here.

That said; I'm really looking forwards to this game, even if I'm not going to be able to crank the eye candy as high as I'd like.

12. Chicken76

Chicken76 Minimodder

Doesn't it bother anyone that the plot is so similar to that of The Witcher 2?

Oh, and "Revenge solves everything"?! Is this what 16-year-olds are supposed to learn from a computer game?

13. Sloth

Sloth #yolo #swag

Isn't it rated PEGI 18? 16 year olds shouldn't be learning anything from it! :p

Jokes aside, revenge is a common theme in games, movies, literature, et cetera. It's portrayed both as the ruination of the protagonist and as the solution to everything in equal parts. Given the whole deal with the devil style powers I wouldn't be surprised if the story ends with the main character not being so happy by the end of Dishonored!

14. CowBlazed

CowBlazed What's a Dremel?

Anyone else confused about the minimum and recommended video requirements being almost exactly the same?

So the difference between playing on minimum or maxed out settings is, if you have 512MB video memory or 768MB of video memory.

15. Shadowed_fury

Shadowed_fury Minimodder

Looks stunning this.

16. azrael-

azrael- I'm special...

What I find odd is that it requires Vista or later, yet the rest of the specs do not reflect this at all. For instance, there's no DX10/11 support, but then again it's most likely a straight console port anyway (even if the game looks good).

17. fluxtatic

fluxtatic What's a Dremel?

Apparently I live under a rock, too - looks nice, though. Might have to pick this up. Really, though - GTX460 minimum and required? Aside from that, I don't recall there being GTX460-class GPUs with 512MB. Even the GTS450 I've got has 1GB

18. Fizzban

Fizzban Man of Many Typos

Been keeping an eye on this for a while. Looking forward to it big time. With this and the cyberpunk game cdprojekt are doing I will be as happy as a pig in ... :D

19. [PUNK] crompers

[PUNK] crompers Dremedial

Cant believe so many hadnt heard of it! Cant wait for this one. The first original looking AAA in ages

20. 2bdetermine

2bdetermine What's a Dremel?

Another rubbish consoles port what do you expect, BF3 visual?

Tags: Add Tags