1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Displays Display died

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by xPinky, 1 Aug 2012.

1. xPinky

xPinky What's a Dremel?

I just started to launch a game and my Samsung SyncMaster T240 flickered and died, I think the backlight has gone as I can still see an image very dimly on the screen and my graphics card outputs fine elsewhere.

I'm wondering if its worth me upgrading to something newer rather than trying to repair as I had been toying with the idea before this happened.

So would I get something much nicer than my current display for £250 or so, possibly a bit more if it was worth it?

Edit - I use my PC for playing games. (Movies I output to TV)

Last edited: 1 Aug 2012
  2. lancer778544

lancer778544 Multimodder

For a bit over £225 you can get the 24" Dell U2412M IPS monitor. I should imagine that it would be a good upgrade over the TN panel in the Samsung. I use the slightly smaller U2312HM for gaming and i've had no problems at all.

3. xPinky

xPinky What's a Dremel?

I've heard a lot about that particular monitor, I thought it was more expensive, very tempting. Thanks!

4. lancer778544

lancer778544 Multimodder

No problem. Amazon are a tad cheaper but they actually have it in stock if you did decide to go for it and they also have the silver version in stock for £230 if you'd prefer.

5. Elton

Elton Officially a Whisky Nerd

If you are tempted to fix it, take it apart, ground yourself and check the inverter fuses. :)

6. YEHBABY

YEHBABY RIP Tel

I have the dell u2412m. Excellent monitor and good value. Got mine off amazon for £216, but I think they are a bit dearer moment.

Edit: yes £226.90 on Amazon. Still very good value. I think I was just lucky on price.

7. freeclout

freeclout What's a Dremel?

I also have the U2412M, is a lovely monitor for the price. Very nice stand too.

8. xPinky

xPinky What's a Dremel?

Thanks for all the advice, I've ordered one and look forward to being impressed!

I will also have a go at repairing my old one, thanks :)!