1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Steam DotA 2

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Loafers, 15 Aug 2011.

1. kingred

kingred Surfacing sucks!

Ill try and find the match id so you can have a look at the replay, you may enjoy watching me miss last hits.

Its 252953049

2. nukeman8

nukeman8 What's a Dremel?

This is probably a silly question but which ones you? Open to criticism? :naughty:

3. spO_oks

spO_oks What's a Dremel?

Omg! it's finally out of beta testing. Downloading tonight!

4. Sloth

Sloth #yolo #swag

Had you played during the beta? It's been at a pretty decent level of polish for awhile now, the "release" actually had very little impact on the game. It's also not "complete" in the sense that not all the Dota 1 heroes have been added yet. Valve probably just wanted to see they had a completed game before the International.

5. kingred

kingred Surfacing sucks!

I'm always open to critism, however bear this in mind, I know I'm bad, I could minmax more however it requires effort, Still quite a good effort I think on my part.

6. nukeman8

I only asked as i watched the reply and saw every player made some easily corrected mistakes, thou i have no idea which one was you, some of them made fair less errors then most, the veno was the best out of the lot.

7. Sloth

Sloth #yolo #swag

International 3 kicking off for real today, curse being at work and missing the games!

8. mansueto

mansueto Too broke to mod

I watched the first series of orange vs na'vi. The first 2 games were good and entertaining, though the 3rd game just seemed like a stomp. I missed the 2nd series and I'm currently watching the 1 game lower bracket elimination games. The announcers make the game so much more entertaining, just like any other sports event, when any big play happens their commentary and excitement really transfers over and makes it even more enjoyable to watch.

9. kingred

kingred Surfacing sucks!

I was playing veno that match, its ok I know I'm a scrub heh.

10. nukeman8

been awhile since i watched the replay but the only thing you did massively wrong was auto attacking the creeps instead of just going for last hits and denies. Probably wards to but i dont remember how warding went in that game. Pretty good gameplay thou

11. mansueto

Right now dota is frustrating to play. I have a group of friends who I regularly play with. 1 is pretty much carry every game because he's reliable, has good awareness, and carries us. I try to be flexible with a variety of supports, I have some stupid deaths but for the most part I know what I'm doing. Than comes the rest of the group. We have 1 that only plays a few players, is extremely inconsistent, and has the mentality of a 5 year old "he attacked me, he needs to die". He is extremely reckless and chases kills all the time. There is also another guy in a group who is more flexible with heroes, but its the exact same play-style, reckless and overly aggressive.

We have a few other guys who aren't the most comfortable at the game, they ask questions, and they listen so they generally don't do great, but they aren't a liability, and they're learning. Finally, we have a new friend who has under 70 games under his belt, doesn't know what heroes do, and decides he wants to play carries than go 0-8 and constantly ask "wtf happened, what was that, what do I level up, what do I buy". He refuses to use google or read what skills actually do, or play bot games. The one game he did well (he farmed for an hour than just got kills simply because he had full items on viper) he thought he was good, so now he always picks carries, and dies. I understand you need to learn somewhere but at the very least look up a guide, read into a char, play a bot game. We've been on a 4 or 5 game losing streak because of 1 of the reckless aggressive players and this friend always taking carries. This morning I played with just myself and my good friend and we went 2-0, no issues. I love playing with people I know, but its frustrating when their play style just doesn't work with us.

12. nukeman8

I play pubs in the solo queue as people i know are the fps type of players and dota is just a nono to them. The amount of people that just choose carries is beyond frustrating, having a game of 4 carries + me as support then have them blame me for losing is beyond frustrating.

13. mansueto

I know that feeling. Maybe try and reach out to some of the UK based bit-tech players? I remember making a Europe based league of legends account just to play with people from bit-tech, though the account never made it particularly far, they were a cool group. They also used skype which made communication much easier for ganks, etc.

14. Sloth

Sloth #yolo #swag

So the one big question still in the air now that the matches are all over... what did you win, Draca?! Spotted that lucky reward today.

15. nchhabs

nchhabs www.twitch.tv/dracaXL

Haha just got back from Seattle this morning! Yeah was lucky to pick up 2 tournament drops - some wraps for juggernaut and a pair of prophet horns. More delicious though, was the secret shop swag!

16. mansueto

Next year myself and a few friends are hoping to go to the international. It seems like it would be an awesome experience as we thoroughly enjoyed watching the matches and I can only imagine the atmosphere being there would be more awesome.

17. Sarakon

Sarakon The German

We watched the tournament (well the semi-final and final) at a friends house in his cinema :D
    It was fantastic, lots of fun....stayed up until 6:30 that morning but we just couldn't miss all the action...

18. Tomhyde1986

Tomhyde1986 What's a Dremel?

I had Navi written off against Orange in game 1. Game 2 was one of the best games of DOTA I have ever seen. Game 3 was epic for completely different reasons. I won't spoil it if you haven't seen it yet.

I wanted an Alliance Vs Navi grand final and I got it. Although I'm a bit of a Navi fan Alliance are just on another level. That being said the final was far closer than I was expecting.

19. Sloth

Sloth #yolo #swag

I regret listening to my wallet and not getting more at the shop. Only bought a hoodie and Shadow Fiend concept art.

But did manage to find some free women's Puck shirts! Three XL size pink shirts, purchased for the items and discarded. Threw one of them on, naturally, and got some signatures on it. :lol:

20. wiggles

wiggles Minimodder

Are there any leagues/ladders in the UK or the EU that a team of what will be comparatively weak players can play in?