1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News EA: 'Valve removed Crysis 2 from Steam'

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by CardJoe, 16 Jun 2011.

1. SexyHyde

SexyHyde Minimodder

Is it too early to boycott origin? Maybe EA are acting like ass hats because they just weren't used to all the praise and admiration they were getting with regards bf3. The clever / dumb balance has been restored.

2. Jezcentral

Jezcentral Minimodder

Yes, it is too early. We're not even sure EA ARE acting like arse hats.

3. SexyHyde

SexyHyde Minimodder

well i think they've seen activision wearing the ass hat and gone 'thats OUR ass hat!', quick steal valves hat and draw an ass on it.

4. jimmyjj

jimmyjj Minimodder

If you offer a game through steam then you should make a commitment that patches and DLC will be made available through that channel as well.

To allow people to pay good money to buy the game through steam - then make content unavailable to them is wrong. Good on Steam for refusing to sell the game (if that is what happened).

5. Hrodwulf666

Hrodwulf666 Arse about tit master!

I'm sick of all these companies insisting I fill my hard drive with all these hub style programs so they can control how I play my games. Its the further consolification of the PC in play, if I want to play one game I have to go here, if I want to play that game I have to go there, DL this program, DL that program, "OH ill buy it off the shelf"... SURPRISE! You have to register it on steam! It sucks and naturally EA's storming out of the barn flinging **** everywhere, whats the aim of this? Of course to draw the people that want to play an EA game away from competitors, this could just create more brand loyalty turd tossing ala Microsoft and Sony! It just makes you want to snap your own neck!

6. SexyHyde

SexyHyde Minimodder

I doesn't make me want to snap my neck, it makes me want to uninstalled origin. I love steam and while some competition may be good, I don't want competition for competitions sake, if that's the case I'd just rather have steam.

7. serial_

serial_ What's a Dremel?

Steam has spent years fine-tuning their model. As a result it's the best thing to happen to PC gaming in years. Steam sales > PSN/XBL any day.

I have little to no motivation to see someone else try and stear me away from steam, esp. since I have over 70 titles activated on steam. Which, consequently, is also the ultimate anti-cheat. People with large libraries aren't going to risk their collection over headshots in BlackOps.

Steam or GTFO imo.

8. feathers

feathers Minimodder

Steam gives the small indie developer a platform on which to showcase their work. Can you imagine EA doing that? Funny the amount of hostility thrown at Valve because they're making money from their content delivery system. I have bought many current titles on steam when they have a massive price reduction.

9. Toploaded

Toploaded What's a Dremel?

Kinda works for me, I'll be way less tempted to be BF3 on release at full price now and be happy to wait until it's cheaper at retail, been patched up and I've upgraded my rig.

Steam is way to good at getting impulse buys out of me when I've still got a massive back log of great games to finish up.

10. impar

impar Minimodder

Greetings!

Back to Steam:
    http://store.steampowered.com/

11. Phalanx

Phalanx Needs more dragons and stuff.

The only change is that now all the DLC is published, they don't need to use Valve's system. That's why. No other reason. It's why they left in the first place.

12. Harlequin

Harlequin Modder

^^ to make extra money from the DLC - when ME3 is done with DLC you`ll see it on steam as well

13. Harlequin

Harlequin Modder

http://www.gamershell.com/news_138388.html

14. sp4nky

sp4nky BF3: Aardfrith WoT: McGubbins

I'm tempted to buy it at £15. Is Crysis 2 any good?

15. faugusztin

faugusztin I *am* the guy with two left hands

WTF at EA :D. A mappack plus few guns, and they want 17.49e (that is with 50% discount for me as a existing Crysis 2 owner on STEAM) from me ? They must use some very interesting stuff to come up with such stupid offer.

16. Gunsmith

Gunsmith Maximum Win

better then the **** thats out at the moment but pathetic compared to the original and its expansion.

17. azrael-

azrael- I'm special...

Interestingly I cannot open the Crysis 2 store page. Although it appears in the dropdown list, when I type Crysis into the search box I cannot open the page. I always get bounced back to the store front page. No problem with any other game, including Crysis and Crysis: Warhead.

18. PureSilver

PureSilver E-tailer Tailor

I bought it when I saw it was back; had been waiting to buy it and was really p***** off when it was removed (I like completeness in my games collection, what can I say). Eh, it's overpriced, but hopefully at least it will be fun.

19. Guest-23315

Guest-23315 Guest

I found it an enjoyable game..

But it was like the modern Star Wars's.. God awful compared with the originals.

Tags: Add Tags