1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Blogs Empire: Total War demo on Steam - it's a slice of win-cake

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Tim S, 25 Feb 2009.

1. Tim S

Tim S OG

2. nicae

nicae What's a Dremel?

I've pre-ordered E:TW, and haven't downloaded the demo as we're so near the release!

Which C2Q are you running? I'm wondering if E:TW will miss the extra cores on my E8400. Let's see!

The Z-Buffer bug must be something localised or driver-related. If you search for gameplay videos on Youtube, you'll notice it doesn't seem to happen with others. Maybe it's AA related?

The game seems fun! Can't wait!

3. Tyrmot

Tyrmot Minimodder

Agreed, the 'marching lines' are a nice touch and definitely help when telling units to move around somewhere compared to earlier games. The scrolling is way too slow yes, I'm assuming (hoping?) that there will be options to change this in the final product. I found the need for formations a lot more interesting/important than before, a 'thin red line' of infantry volleying musket fire into the yankee cavalry did a much better job of breaking them than my initial tactic of trying to bayonet them!

I would suppose that the variable ship speeds are firstly for realism's sake but also I can see where if a ship got separated or something you might want it to set full sail where your main fleet is only moving at half-speed or so? You also need to slow down to unleash a nice broadside on the frogs as well...

I was running an E8500 @ 3.6Ghz, 6GB RAM and a stock 8800GTX with the same settings and got no slowdown at all so I'm v happy! Was wondering if I'd have to push the OC a bit further for this one until now

Tags: Add Tags