1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News Epic promises Unreal Engine 4 this year

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by brumgrunt, 13 Feb 2012.

1. runbmp

runbmp What's a Dremel?

and Sega Genesis had blast processing.. In console land, stuff gets lost in translation...

2. runbmp

runbmp What's a Dremel?

Consoles did take that away without a doubt, however it also charged you for it. There's a reason you pay more for your games, wallpapers and added content. There's a reason why there's more user made content on the PC as well.

I'd say that nowadays this isn't so much relevant upgrading your hardware. I'm still getting above 60FPS with a pair of 5870's and old I7 920 CPU.

3. Deders

Deders Modder

This could be aimed at getting Microsoft to choose a better graphics card for the Xbox 720, which if it does can only improve the games that we get ported from it.

4. Xunsu

Xunsu What's a Dremel?

Pcs have that power today...Look at the new radeons, hell look at the Nvidias rumored specs for thiers, by the time this rolls out intergrated solutions will be there :p (witty remark no fact involved)

5. rogerrabbits

rogerrabbits What's a Dremel?

More interested in seeing some good games than flashy engines.

6. feathers

feathers Minimodder

EPIC make one of the best game engines for PC but have a hatred of PC users and so make retarded console gamers their priority. Of course you know the reason for this.. back when Epic were making games for PC, they had a success which they then milked for many years. Unreal in all it's various releases I never liked that much. Had a bit of fun on UT2004 but it was never that great for me. UT got progressively worse and UT3 looked great but I found as boring as any other UT game. Of course they released a couple of other non UT games and they were so awful no one remembers them.

So I guess all that made Epic rather hostile and bitter towards PC gamers. They accused PC gamers of being thieves.

In making games engines and licensing for more competant game developers they made the right choice but it's just a shame they didn't seek anger management counselling to overcome their hatred of PC gamers.

7. damien c

damien c Mad FPS Gamer

I wouldn't mind seeing games using the same level of detail as the demo shown above but I cannot see it happening for atleast 10 or 20 years or until we, get new developers who can be bothered to use the engines properly.

It doesn't matter how powerfull the hardware is, that is available at the time of developing the games because if the developers are not using the engines that are available now fully then they aint gonna, use them properly or fully when the new engines are released regardless of what the hardware is capable of doing.

I will be upgrading my graphic's card this year and that is because my GTX 480 is showing it's age in that, it's starting to play up abit but it's not stopped working yet but it will soon.

If it was not for the fact that even with adaptor's you cannot use a keyboard and mouse on a Xbox or Playstation to the same level as you can on the pc, I would have made the switch to the consoles because to be honest the graphic's are not much lower than that of a current top end pc after installing the high res texture pack's on the consoles.

8. mclean007

mclean007 Officious Bystander

Come on, it's 7 years old - it's only to be expected that some of the Xbox 360's Teraflops would have leaked out by now. They probably escaped into Ted Stevens' series of tubes and clogged them up.

9. thil

thil What's a Dremel?

Yeah, I remember them *running the goddamn Samaritan demo on off-the-shelf PC hardware* and then lamenting about how "there's nothing out there that can run this..."

10. feathers

feathers Minimodder

So it can be said that Epic are epically demented.

Tags: Add Tags