1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other Ethereum Blockchain - change download location?

Discussion in 'Tech Support' started by Metaporic, 10 Nov 2017.

1. Metaporic

Metaporic Minimodder

I am struggling to download the blockchain on my C drive as it only has 13gb spare and as it is only a 120GB SSD there is no way I can clear up to the 40GB needed for the whole chain. I was wondering if there is a way to get Geth to download the chain on one of my other drives on the system? I have tried the Symlinks fix but that seems to lead to Ethminer being unable to find work/connect which I assume is because I am directing it to an incomplete blockchain due to the initial download location (and thus new location) only having 13GB of the chain. I am using Windows 7 64bit.

2. TheMadDutchDude

TheMadDutchDude The Flying Dutchman

Is this for the wallet or to actually mine? If it's to mine... you definitely don't want to be doing that solo. Mine in a pool and you won't need to worry about the chain at all.

Metaporic likes this.
  3. Metaporic

Metaporic Minimodder

Thanks, for some reason I had it in my head that I needed the entire blockchain even with a pool. Got everything set up and started mining today, I will see how it goes. Been meaning to do it for years, shame by the time I actually got round to doing it all got a lot more expensive :p

4. TheMadDutchDude

TheMadDutchDude The Flying Dutchman

Good stuff, man. Make sure you give Nicehash a try. It seems to be very efficient at finding you the most profitable coins and turning it into BTC for your payout. :)