1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

PSU Extra long cables

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by kelvinb, 7 Dec 2011.

1. kelvinb

kelvinb BF3 Username - D0rmarth

Hi all,

I am currently looking for an upgrade for my PSU, ideally I would like the PSU with extra long cables as the current PSU does reach the point correctly and I have to use extention cables to reach the connection points.

The ideal PSU needs enough power to run 2X GTX 460 in SLI and reach all the connection points. The case I am using is the Corsair 700D so you can see my problem

Any ideas on whats the best PSU for this

Many thanks :D

2. MrTeal

MrTeal Minimodder

What PSU do you have atm?

NZXT Hale90 series have 70cm long ATX12V/EPS12V cables, unfortunately they are not available in the UK anymore - certainly not at reasonable price.

The Silverstone Strider Plus and Gold series have 75cm long ATX12V/EPS12V cables. The PCIe and 20+4 pin ATX cables are 55cm long, don't know if this is long enough for the Obsidian 700D. Availability and pricing of the Plus 750W unit is good.

kelvinb likes this.
  3. faugusztin

faugusztin I *am* the guy with two left hands

I don't think you would have problems with any better PSU, probably the only exception is the EPS 4/8-pin, which can be problematic in length area.

Corsair AX750 has :

Cables and Connectors
    Seasonic X-750 has :
    Considering the height of the whole case is 60cm if i remember correctly. you have more than enough length with the 55-60cm of both power supplies i mentoined for 24-pin and PCI-E, but you will have problems with 4/8-pin EPS cable - that will require an extension with pretty much all power supplies.

kelvinb likes this.
  4. kelvinb

kelvinb BF3 Username - D0rmarth

Many thanks both for your input, due to the customer services of Corsair I think ill go for that one. Cheers and +rep to you both