1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News Facebook sues StudiVZ

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by CardJoe, 21 Jul 2008.

1. CardJoe

CardJoe Freelance Journalist

2. wyx087

wyx087 Homeworld 3 is happening!!

and what about the 100% copy-cat from China: xiaonei.com

3. antiHero

antiHero ReliXmas time!

I have been using StudiVZ for longer then Facebook and in my opinion its not a copy of facebook at all. OK some similarity's are there but its hard to make a web page today which dosnt resembles another page. Even if Facebook wins people wouldnt move over as the German speaken market is full with Social contact sides and choices are plenty. My friends in germany/austria dont move to facebook because the site is full with stupid apps and stuff. StudiVZ has non whatsoever. Only wall, pics and events, which IMHO is all you really need on a network page.

4. Xir

Xir Modder

Data grabbing *******s, all of them ;-)

5. ParaHelix.org

ParaHelix.org What's a Dremel?

I can't believe this was posted on Bit-Tech :( All social networking sites are full of idiots, drunks, druggies, pregnant teens, perverts, and so on.

6. p3n

p3n What's a Dremel?

I bet there is a lawyer who can manage it but from a technical PoV how on earth can you argue some CSS that involves like 3 different colours is stolen instead of just 'simple'

7. Timmy_the_tortoise

Timmy_the_tortoise International Man of Awesome

I am on Facebook, ParaHelix.. and no doubt a number of other bit-tech readers are too... So please keep your slander to yourself.

8. Ryu_ookami

Ryu_ookami I write therefore I suffer.

/Sarcasm on

You forgot Chavs, Muppets, Mass Murderers, Hoodies and Tories

/Sarcasm off

Stereotyping much :lol:

9. Xir

Xir Modder

oops...didn't know that's a harsch swearword in English ;)

I meant to say:
    The honourable gentlemen that offer these sites are all in the datamining business.
    Short: Datagrabbing * (saves you the time to convert into stars) :D

Xir

10. knuck

knuck Hate your face

it's far from being that bad. Who cares anyway as people on facebook only add their friends... Or maybe your problem is your friends are "idiots, drunks, druggies, pregnant teens, perverts, and so on". . Stop generalizing

Facebook is an utility site to keep contact with friends, see how they're doing in life years after you're done with school and to organize meetings and share photos with friends without having to send 4000 emails

I had a negative attitude towards social networking sites as well before I registered to facebook. Then I signed up anyway to see how the chicks i knew in high school looked these days ( :D) and the site grown on me ever since

Tags: Add Tags