1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cooling Fill position Q

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by coorz, 4 Jun 2005.

1. coorz

coorz Miffed

Finally getting to play with my WC gear, now Q about where to use the T-line (DD fillport) to fill/bleed.
    Currently i've pre-setup the loop as follows:
    CPU>VGA>pump in>RAD>CPU
    So i was thinking to put the T-line after the RAD out. Because between the VGA>pump-in theres simply (small tight bend) no room to put the T-line.
    Will that work?

2. jopers1986

jopers1986 Minimodder

i think that the t-line needs to go before the pump inlet, so the water can start goin round straight away!
    i was gonna put one out of my cpu bloke, but i was relaiably informed that that won't work!

3. clocker

clocker Shovel Ready

The T-line is typically placed right before the pump inlet, because you DO NOT want to run the pump dry and this position is best suited to prevent this.

You can however, place it anywhere in your loop...preferably at the highest point to aid bleeding...if you are willing to spend the time filling until the pump has been primed and you can energize it and finish off the process.

Once your loop is filled and bled, the pump could care less where the t-line is located.

4. coorz

coorz Miffed

I expect no problem with filling as i've build the loop externally, once filled and leak tested it'll go right in the case.
    Anyway i'll have a look into a different loop setup with some more room before the pump inlet. Thx so far.

5. d0z

d0z Minimodder

I put my fill port in as a bleed to get air bubbles out of the system and also as an aesthetical thing :) i actually put mine after the reservoir, but it doesnt make much difference to what your trying to achieve.

6. coorz

coorz Miffed

ok thx, already got it up and running. Didn't expect it to be THAT easy :).
    Had some doubts as the water was a tad troubled, too much zerex? But having it running for almost 2 days the water looks all cleared up now, the purple zerex gunk is now floating in the T-piece tube.

7. Guest-6374

Guest-6374 Guest

You only need 1 part Xerex for 20 parts water, which is next to none. If you put in too much, just flush it and refill it.

8. coorz

coorz Miffed

Water looks clear now, what would be the effect of too much zerex?
    I don't think i added too much anyway.

9. Nexxo

Nexxo * Prefab Sprout – The King of Rock 'n' Roll

Too much Zerex may affect your temps a bit but that's all.

If you have gunk, that is not due to the Zerex, but due to not flushing the components before you filled your loop. :D

10. coorz

coorz Miffed

True, true i will next time, SIR :)

Tags: