1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News Firefox market share rises

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by CardJoe, 30 Jan 2008.

1. BioSniper

BioSniper Minimodder

FF for me, IE when I find the odd site that HAS to use it for ActiveX or similar, the missus refuses to let go of Safari on the Mac though.

2. Jamie

Jamie ex-Bit-Tech code junkie

Safari on the mac is great, only use Firefox when checking new html and css compatability.

3. BioSniper

BioSniper Minimodder

I just don't get on with it as I prefer cross platform familiarity. Not denying that it's good by any means, I just prefer the "feel" of firefox more than anything.

4. KoenVdd

KoenVdd What's a Dremel?

80% FF and 20% Opera. Firefox is a lot more user friendly (still trying to fathom the kind of logic they used for shortcuts in Opera), but Opera has some pretty neat heavy duty browsing functions. The session saving is very useful if you're going through webcomics (I tried extensions to FF but they messed it up more) and the fast forward is also neat (with mouse gesture shortcuts included). The read feature is also quiet good, especially the intonation (better than windows standard) only it's pauses at bold, italic, underlined words and links make it pretty much useless for say, wikipedia. And of course the ever useful gadgets like voice activation are unmissable.
    What I'd like to see is Opera with the user friendliness of FF.

5. naokaji

naokaji whatever

Internet crapper 6 ehh explorer at work.. have to and hate it.
    using opera at home, its like going from the stoneage to the future every time i get home:thumb:

Last edited: 30 Jan 2008
  6. LVMike

LVMike What's a Dremel?

FF Cheesecake

7. will.

will. A motorbike of jealousy!

I'd say it was the other way round... My mum, brother and sister use opera because they like that quick dial thing and widgets. I use Firefox because of the addons. Web developing stuff mainly. Which no other browser really offers.

8. yodasarmpit

yodasarmpit Modder

Firefox at home, Firefox portable at work.
    Tried Opera many several times and it just doesn't feel right for me, don't know why but it just doesn't.

9. Breach

Breach Modding in Exile

99.9% FF for me, even at work though I'm not supposed to :rock: Gotta use IE for a couple things....but IE is a slug, and pale in comparison. FF is what IE should have been all along, but at the MS trend is lately, they missed the boat.

10. notatoad

notatoad pretty fing wonderful

anybody have the stats from the bit-tech server logs?

Tags: Add Tags