1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Gaming Forza 4 Review

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by CardJoe, 13 Oct 2011.

1. CardJoe

CardJoe Freelance Journalist

2. Hg

Hg The game known as life

Picking my copy up this weekend,
    Got bored of GT5 a long time ago, thank god for Forza always liked the Series unlike GT which seems to be getting worst with each new game....

3. sakzzz

sakzzz Minimodder

This could be an obvious & silly question but... i am assuming you used a force feedback racing wheel while playing for this article?

4. M7ck

M7ck Ⓜod Ⓜaster

I am downloading the demo just now, I will hopefully buy full game next week

5. mucgoo

mucgoo Minimodder

So basically its just a slightly polished forza 3. Any actual new features?

6. braincake

braincake What's a Dremel?

it looks good on xbox, but can you imagine the epicosity waiting for it on the pc, i really really wish microsoft would let let some of these games come out on pc like it did for gears of war 1

7. oasked

oasked Stuck in (better) mud

Is it noticeably different from Forza 3? I just don't see the point in getting this game seeing as Forza 3 is so good.

Also, what's with all the Clarkson hate?! :p

8. fdbh96

fdbh96 What's a Dremel?

Have you seen the intro clip on the review, he sounds like a ****

9. knuck

knuck Hate your face

You started the article by bashing Clarkson and Top Gear. I didn't read the rest.

10. LeMaltor

LeMaltor >^_^

Are the screens of F3 not 4?

11. warejon9

warejon9 What's a Dremel?

Someone like the Lamborghini photo's a bit? :p Wish they would release this for PC.

12. B1GBUD

B1GBUD ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Accidentally Funny

Clarkson for Prime Minister!!

13. Spuzzell

Spuzzell What's a Dremel?

Why the hate? I like Clarkson. And I adore Top Gear.

Apart from that, nice review.

14. Ending Credits

Ending Credits Bunned

Right, going to go and get my mum to bring my Xbox up to uni. :p

15. Skiddywinks

Skiddywinks Minimodder

What is the actual issue taken with Clarkson's intro? Just curious.

16. Podge4

Podge4 Oi, whats your game?

My copy came today, got the LE version but i have to wait as its one of my xmas gifts, along with GoW 3 LE.

17. Paradigm Shifter

Paradigm Shifter de nihilo nihil fit

I'm of two minds about the rewind feature - I hate how every time I take a wheel off the track accidentally in Forza 3 it's nagging me to rewind, but like it when I'm in the lead and the AI decides that shunting me off into sand on a corner would be a legitimate tactic. But I use it, oh, I don't know - once every four or five races (only if I can't recover quickly enough from AI crunching) so using it as a complaint is a bit silly. If you don't like it, don't use it. Simple. ;)

Also, while I like getting to the better cars, there is a sweet spot - I'm not that great a fan of the R-class cars, because they're all pretty much the same when it gets right down to it... but the F-to-S class cars have a world of variety in there. I usually find myself having much more fun in the 'middle' of the game than toward the end, where the cars are a lot more fussy.

18. barny2767

barny2767 What's a Dremel?

very nice game got a copy today and played for about 5 hours and yes its much like Forza 3 but better in looks and gameplay and most of the cars from Forza 3 are there so you wont end up paying the the same cars for 2 games so I cant fault it realy

19. Neogumbercules

Neogumbercules What's a Dremel?

After playing a few hours of GT5 last night, I gotta say, I wish the rewind feature would be in every racing game.

I've been playing GT since the first one came all the way back in the PS1 days, so I'm not new the sim racing genre. I love Gran Turismo and have purchased every version of the series over the years.

I just don't see how the rewind feature makes the game noob friendly or takes away the need for skill or learning the track and your car. If you make a mistake you can rewind to before you made the mistake and try again. If you screw it up again you can analyze what you're doing wrong, what you can try to correct your mistake, and actually try right then and there. When you finally get the turn or perfect the overtake of your opponent you gained 2 things:

1. You saw right there whatever you did wrong and learned to correct your mistake. Additionally you learn this particular portion of the track pretty well.

2. You didn't have to break your TV from having to restart the ENTIRE race and sit through 3 minutes of loading screens then spend however long getting back to where you were, only to screw up again or get rammed by the AI.

That said, Auto Vista mode makes me want the next generation consoles that much more.

20. megamale

megamale Minimodder

I must be a real **** cause I actually find the Clarckson presentation quite touching TBH.

That alone sold the game for me...

Tags: Add Tags