1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cooling Got Copper, now need help!

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by GeekwithGuns, 29 Nov 2003.

1. GeekwithGuns

GeekwithGuns What's a Dremel?

Ive finally been able to procure some copper bus bar wich is 80mm wide and 6.35mm thick, which I will be using to build my water block, here in lies the problem, I have seen a lot of different "designs" around for commercial water blocks and a couple of home made types, are there any that any one would reccomend over the others, or features that it should include.
    I intend it to have three connections, one inlet and two outlets with the actual base, (where the water is sprayed on too) being a swirl design leading out to the two outlet tubes.
    Also what flow rate should I be looking at, some people say as little as 3-400 litres per hour others reccomend 1500??
    Although I have the ability to make this, my knowledge of thermal transfer etc is not crash hot.
    So in short, if you have any links to schematics or diagrams for a good water block to suit a P2.4 478 socket cpu, it would be most appreciated.
    thanks in advance

p.s.
    as for mounting to the mobo, I was thinking of 4 x nyon bolts and nuts with mini compression springs, so as not to over tighten block and warping the mobo also placing a piece of perspex or acrylic on the back of the mobo to anchor it? but I am open to other suggestions?

Last edited: 29 Nov 2003
  2. olv

olv he's so bright

I suggest you check out the Waterblock construction forum on Procooling. There are lots of different designs on there and lots of building logs. The type of block you can make largely depends on the equipment you have access to. But the guys over at procooling seem to be some of the best around.

3. GeekwithGuns

GeekwithGuns What's a Dremel?

thanks olv

Hey thats a great site, Ive never coma accross it before.
    thanks again

4. Blackeagle

Blackeagle What's a Dremel?

Some really heated debates go on over there. But they know more about cooling a system than about anybody else does.

There's a number of guys there that are really into the designing and engineering of advanced water rigs.

There's info on the best block designs, best heater cores & pumps.

Did ya see that data base they maintain on heater cores of all kinds? Many dozens of them.

A great place to learn.

Tags: