1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News Government to publish new Snooper's Charter Bill

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Gareth Halfacree, 4 Nov 2015.

1. Corky42

Corky42 Where's walle?

Is there really a need to be so hostile?

We simply disagree, you have said why you believe a "Communications Service Provider" is the same thing as a "telecommunications service" and I've said why i don't believe that to be correct, there's really no need to be so combative, it's not a competition or anything, like i said we're probably going to have to wait for a definitive answer.

If you want to carry on trying to prove you're correct then be my guest, I'm not going to responded as it seems, as usual, that you've taken offense and will berate anyone who dares to disagree with you.

2. Gareth Halfacree

Gareth Halfacree WIIGII! Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

You're going to wait for something more definitive than an official government guideline to RIPA? Okay, then. Best of luck with that.

EDIT:
    Actually, you know what? I apologise, without reservation. I'm sorry for my tone, and for coming across as combative; I need to work on not letting my frustrations influence my writing style.

I think a little holiday would do me good. Obviously I still need to use the forums for posting article stuff, but I'm going to refrain from commenting for a while - beyond the usual thanking people for pointing out typos in my articles. Yes, that will mean that People Will Be Wrong on the Internet, which is obviously terrible, but I'm going to see if I can learn that it's OK to let people be wrong.

Ta-ta for now, all.

Last edited: 4 Nov 2015
  3. ashchap

ashchap Minimodder

I'm sure it'll be fine, I trust companies to store as much personal information about me as they can. I'm sure all this extra data will be safe with them, I mean when was the last time you heard of a data breach at a big telecoms company... :worried:

4. liratheal

liratheal Sharing is Caring

I hate this ********.

Every political party is the same, and they all try and drop horseshit like this through complete lack of understanding.

I sometimes wonder why no one younger and more switched on runs for office.

5. Corky42

Corky42 Where's walle?

I know i said i wouldn't respond and this could be a mistake but I'm hoping you won't take umbrage, or that i won't accidentally say something to cause offense.

Having said that, No, I'm going to wait until we get clarification, until people with a better understanding of these things than myself and possibly yourself have a chance to decipher the exact implication of what's laid out in the bill.

Thank you.

That's really not necessary and if you don't mind me saying it's perhaps an overreaction to what i hope is just a misunderstanding, you see for me it's not about proving something or someone is right or wrong, peeing competitions really don't interest me.

I tried to make it clear that i simply had a different understanding than yourself, that neither of us were right or wrong, i even sought forgiveness if my difference in how i understood the meaning later turned out to be wrong, i said i was hesitant and/or skeptical to call it either way, i was trying to suggest that it maybe prudent to take a wait and see approach.

I apologies if what i said came across as some kind of challenge, that wasn't my intention, maybe next time i need to make it clearer that if i have a difference in opinion that I'm not challenging or trying to prove someone or something is wrong, that I'm simply offering an alternate opinion.

6. Anfield

Anfield Multimodder

At least with TalkTalk they had to go to the effort of hacking something, once the Government has any data it pretty much becomes public domain... http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-33856785

7. thom804

thom804 Minimodder

Man, I didn't even think about that.
    Without going to the link, it's going to be a field day for hacking groups if the Govt get hold of ALL of our personal data.
    That's Bank Statements, Passport Numbers, Driving Licenses, Birth Certificates ad infinitum. All up for grabs once the walls come down (and they will come down).

8. ChaosDefinesOrder

ChaosDefinesOrder Vapourmodder

Shame, your comments and insight are one of the main reasons I keep coming to Bit-Tech and read the comments as a matter of course!

9. Locknload

Locknload Jolly Good Egg

After all these years i discovered that Gareth Halfacree really is Sheldon Cooper after all.
    I love Sheldon Cooper.
    I too value the insightful people on here, so don't stay away too long Gareth.
    Just maybe reduce your caffeine intake.(joking)