1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News Hacker frees Google App Engine

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by CardJoe, 16 Apr 2008.

1. CardJoe

CardJoe Freelance Journalist

2. boggsi

boggsi What's a Dremel?

Would you not be breaking some kind of agreement / copyright doing this? Hack implies there is something underhand but you give no mention of what google might think to this being done..

3. Firehed

Firehed Why not? I own a domain to match.

Huh, I got the agreement that the Google App Engine was basically just a free hosted Apache/Python server (or was it Perl?).

4. ssjaj

ssjaj What's a Dremel?

Actually, a hacker is just a coder. In recent times people have associated a hacker with being a person who does harm to others via underhanded methods. This is just a porting of the environment / code.

5. HourBeforeDawn

HourBeforeDawn a.k.a KazeModz

agreed, in the beginning you had Hackers (who did good) and crackers who did bad but the media blurred the lines and it became only hackers, kinda like how we have white hats, grey hats, and black hats. But Im glad someone else knew about this too I hate it when the term hacker is misused >_<

6. boggsi

boggsi What's a Dremel?

we always had b/w hats. u didn't crack your way into nasa. but if this guy is simply a coder doing good.. then by your definition of hackers doing good, this is the correct usage of the word!

Tags: Add Tags