1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Gaming Halo 5's Forge mode is coming to Windows 10 as a free download

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by JakeTucker, 19 May 2016.

1. JakeTucker

JakeTucker Minimodder

2. SchizoFrog

SchizoFrog What's a Dremel?

If any game was to be remastered and re-released it should be the Halo series to bring it to the PC, even if they limited it to a couple of games behind the current console game.

3. rollo

rollo Modder

If Halo gets a PC release of current game they would basically be saying we give up on Xbox one

4. Maki role

Maki role Dale you're on a roll... Lover of bit-tech

TBH it feels a bit like they reckon console gaming will eventually die out, and I can see why. In essence consoles are gradually evolving into PCs, just locked media ones. Microsoft makes most of their Xbox money from the software sales I believe, the hardware is mainly to build a stable platform to encourage people to buy the games in the first place. But as consoles become more like PCs and PC games become more like console titles (as in running requirements and initial hardware cost) it makes sense that consoles might just eventually fizzle out a bit as their niche doesn't really exist much anymore.

Like you can play CSGO, LoL, DOTA, Starcraft, world of tanks, WoW, Overwatch etc. on budget PCs. It may not be great but it's no worse than the console experience. Services like Steam, Origin and Bilzzard's launcher makes downloading the games simple too, and consoles nowadays operate in similar ways anyway.

I know people always talk about the death of this or that, and they're usually wrong. My basis is more that the two sides are converging. Eventually things will be so similar that one side effectively doesn't exist (in that there's no point in the distinction).

Tags: Add Tags