1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Xbox 360 Halo Reach

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by PBear23, 8 Sep 2010.

1. PBear23

PBear23 What's a Dremel?

Seems like no one is interested in it going by the lack of a thread for Halo:Reach

Anyone excited/planning on buying it etc??????????

2. Archtronics

Archtronics Minimodder

I am intrigued what it will be like and I really hope its good but for me Halo 3 is where it should have ended :)

Mark

3. Gunsmith

Gunsmith Maximum Win

[​IMG]

there are muppets out there who will keep on buying crap, look at MW2

/me shudders

boiled_elephant likes this.
  4. October

October Mariachi Style

I do like the trailer though...

5. Phalanx

Phalanx Needs more dragons and stuff.

Halo: Reach is going to be big, despite what some people will say. If you look at the game series as a whole, people seem to consider Halo as multiplayer primarily, whereas the developer has stated time and again that the story takes precedence.

This being Bungie's swan-song with Halo, and having experience the beta myself, I can tell you now that if you run into Halo: Reach fighitng the same way you fightin Halo 3, you'll get splattered. Halo: Reach has slowed things down ever so slightly. Sure, there's still frantic firefights to grab a flag or whatnot, but now there's more time to everything, and thanks to the new armour modes, more strategy.

The fact the sides are now so different and yet so balanced works well. The elites are tougher to kill and quicker moving, but the spartans have special abilities and the like, and it really is well balanced.

Also, Invasion is pure class! :) I've had a Legendary Edition on preorder now for almost 6 months and I can't wait.

6. Blademrk

Blademrk Why so serious?

Don't think I'll get it on release, maybe the month after if reviews are good.

7. BRAWL

BRAWL Dead and buried.

If it's any where close to the book... I'll be suprised.

I'll play the first mission... if the first missions crap I'm not buying it.

8. itazura

itazura PAWAA GURABU DAISUKI, YABAI DESU YO

i pre-ordered it but i'm not 100% sure i'll buy it when it's released yet. sure, i'm really excited for it, but i just don't seem to be too willing to pay full price for games anymore, heh. can't remember the last time i did.

then again, i'll probably suddenly get incredibly excited for it on launch day and get the urge to throw down the cash. i guess i'll see.

9. GravitySmacked

GravitySmacked Mostly Harmless

I've had it on pre-order for a while now and looking forward to it.

I've read good things about the single player campaign so fingers crossed.

10. Phalanx

My birthday is September 13th. I've booked September 14th off to play it. Shows you how I prioritise Halo in my life ;)

11. Pete J

Pete J Employed scum

Unfortunately, due to my immature mind, I can't help but read 'Halo Reach' as 'Halo Reach Around'.

Anyway, I'm still waiting for Halo 3 on PC (as well as a patch for Halo 2 so I can install it without having to reinstall Windows).

12. Phalanx

Halo 3 won't come to PC. It's been stated by Microsoft before.

What was the problem you were getting with Halo 2 PC? I've not ever played Halo on PC.

13. alastor

alastor Minimodder

I won't be buying any time soon but the new trailer is pretty freakin' sweet, gives the impression that a Halo film could even be decent if anyone gets round to it and does it right.

14. sui_winbolo

sui_winbolo Giraffe_City

Preordered and will be picking up at midnight. :D

15. Pete J

Pete J Employed scum

Dammit, we really need those sarcasm tags :D .
    The problem with Halo 2 on PC is that it was the first game on PC to use GFWL. Due to shite programming, if you install Halo 2 after you've installed another GFWL game (e.g. Gears of War), Halo 2 can't install due to a newer version of GFWL being present.

Unfortunately, due to the way that GFWL integrates itself, simply uninstalling all GFWL games and GFWL itself will not fix this; hence, an entire re-install of Windows is necessary. I don't like Halo 2 enough to do all that (it being a pretty average game).

16. suenstar

suenstar Collector of Things

Never really played a Halo game before, I've started up ODST and watched a friend do the first mission but that's about as far as my Halo experience goes at the moment.
    This new one looks pretty interesting, I think it'll definitely be one that I'll be adding to my collection next week.

I think I'll have to practice shooters on a controller before picking it up though, otherwise if I do co-op I'm going to get ripped a new one by my friends for lack of ability.
    Would you guys recommend me practising on the ODST missions, or using the Halo 3 multiplayer disc that came with it?

17. sui_winbolo

sui_winbolo Giraffe_City

ODST missions, you're going to HATE Halo 3 multiplayer if you're not familiar with console shooters.

Just play ODST by yourself on normal. You'll get the hang of it really fast.

18. Phalanx

suenstar, FPS on a console is much more forgiving mate. You will have the hang of it within 5-10 minutes. Play ODST, if only for the decent storyline and the fact you're playing as a human, not a 1-man-army all the time. It gives you an appreciation for just what a Spartan II is capable of :)

19. sui_winbolo

sui_winbolo Giraffe_City

It sure does! I remember doing legendary by myself as an ODST. I was so scared when I would run into Hunters and even Brutes! :eeek:

20. samkiller42

samkiller42 For i AM Cheesecake!!

I'm looking forward to Reach. Gonna be strange given theres no actual 'Happy Ending'

Sam